EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Statistics Update

Here's a quick Rally update:

Attendees (rigs): 35
States Represented: 12 (VA, NC, SC, MD, PA, NJ, TN, FL, WV, MN, OH, IL)
Total Miles Driving: 11,461
Avg Miles Driving: 327
Longest Drive: 1405
Shortest Drive: 37

We have room for approximately 15 more rigs, so if you are considering coming, get your reservations in soon (see Post #1 for details).

For those of you already signed up, be sure to contact Dave Yocum (day881@hughes.net) with your T-shirt order (there is no charge for the T-shirts!)

Here's the attendee list:
Akers, Chrissy, NC
Bandstra, Larry and Samantha, SC
Beletti, Jim and Nancy, IL
Bird, John and Myrna, OH
Burnette, Howard and Kathy, VA
Burton, Mark and Lucia, MD
Bylinski, John and Debbie, NJ
Clause, Duane and Debbie, NJ
Deal, Terry and Renee, NC
Fodrie, Tim and Debbie, NC
Fortin, Pete and Deb, VA
Funderburg, Gus and Debra, VA
Gallimore, Ken and Marj, NC
Goddard, John and Debbie, WV
Hall, Bob and Sharon, NC
Hazel, Dick and Debbie, VA
Hendren, Hudson and Tracy, VA
Hicks, Calvin and Judy, MD
Hill, Dick and Reta, FL
Johnson, Tom and Sue, VA
Latham, John and Nancy, VA
Lewis, JP and Rita, NC
Lindgren, Keith and Carol, VA
Marcum, Sam and Betty, VA
Massengill, Donald and Cynthia, VA
Mathis, Nathan and Byrd, TN
Pasch, Jim and Leslie, VA
Stewart, Bill and Jerry, PA
Tripp, Dennis and Lyndee, VA
Turner, John and Marsha, NC
van Opstal, Eric and Dorothy, VA
Walker, Mike and Ann, MD
Wolbeck, Kevin and Nelly, VA
Yocum/Hancock, Dave/Julie, VA
Younger, John and Sue, MN

Last edited:

camperjohn08

Hot Diggity Dog

Hot Diggity Dog... Can't Wait till the Rally to take the camper out of moth balls and back on the road agian.. Looks like a great showing this time...:)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Can't wait - not only to meet new friends but to have sand between the toes again.

boatto5er

Hot Diggity Dog... Can't Wait till the Rally to take the camper out of moth balls and back on the road agian.. Looks like a great showing this time...:)

Got to get going sooner than that John! We're scheduling our first trip out in Mid-March, tentaticely to American Heritage in Williamsburg, Mar 19, 20, 21.:)

davebennington

OK, folks I have received t-shirt sizes from 26 rally attendees. Some of you are asking about the cost of the shirts, thanks to Heartland there is NO COST to you . So if you are going to attend and you would like a t-shirt send me an email or PM with your size as well if it for a man or woman. If you do not want a shirt you don't have to do anything.

Rember, In order to have everything ready for the rally the absolute cutoff date is 3/31/2010, any responses after that will be without a rally shirt.

Thanks,

Dave

boatto5er

I was perusing the RV.net campgrounds forum a few minutes ago and almost sprayed my coffee all over my PC when I read the post from someone looking for good site recommendations at Camp Hatteras because all the good ones (specifically site 380) were taken by some group on May 1 when they would be there. They were worried (probably for good reason) about the noise:eek:. I invited them to stop by and say hello.:D The really interesting thing is that 380 is the one site in our group area we weren't able to get because it was already booked!:rolleyes:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Sounds very interesting and very wise to extend an invitation! Gus, as a side note, I would have paid full price admission to see the spittin' contest.:D

boatto5er

Sounds very interesting and very wise to extend an invitation! Gus, as a side note, I would have paid full price admission to see the spittin' contest.:D

As my Dad was so fond of quoting:

Full price admission = $5.00

1/2 price admission = $3.50

:D

camperjohn08

Got to get going sooner than that John! We're scheduling our first trip out in Mid-March, tentaticely to American Heritage in Williamsburg, Mar 19, 20, 21.:)
Well Gus, March is the month I get the trailer ready.. got to install the new electric jack, battery disconnect switch set-up, new TV swivel mounting bracket and new HDTV, and of course the surround sound for the blue-ray player..can't do this till I take her out of moth balls and remove the cover... Oh did I mention, give her a new wax job too!
But we can think about Williamsburg though.. If time allows us to do that.:)

lcdrdean

Just signed up for our first rally! We are arriving on the 29th and leaving on the 3rd. We been assigned site #412.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Gus, I just got around to making our reservation. I know, I have been procrastinating. Merrin gave us site #399, so you can fill it in. We will be at both April rallies, might not make it in the convoy, we are going to go to ocean lakes for the week between the 2 rallies. That will give you guys a break from us. lol.

boatto5er

Gus, I just got around to making our reservation. I know, I have been procrastinating. Merrin gave us site #399, so you can fill it in. We will be at both April rallies, might not make it in the convoy, we are going to go to ocean lakes for the week between the 2 rallies. That will give you guys a break from us. lol.

I knew you guys would get signed up pretty soon. Welcome aboard. Ocean Lakes is a great campground. We stayed there last year in early May - it was just about full!

boatto5er

Gus,

You have to be getting close to filling all your spaces ny now.

How many are left?

We can fit in 10 more before I have to request more sites. Although most of the sites are the size basic size, the approach angles make it difficult (but not impossible) to get the bigger rigs into some sites, so it may also depend on what size rigs sign up.

jnbhobe

Hi Gus; Well we finally got our times figured out and made reservations with Merrin. we will arrive on the 29th and leave on the 3rd. We will be on site #343. Our daughter and son in law and two grandkids will be with us friday thru sunday so please let me know what extra expences I need to take care of. See you in April. JON conf#26329

Last edited:

boatto5er

Hi Gus; Well we finally got our times figured out and made reservations with Merrin. we will arrive on the 29th and leave on the 3rd. We will be on site #343. Our daughter and son in law and two grandkids will be with us friday thru sunday so please let me know what extra expences I need to take care of. See you in April. JON

Great talking to you on the phone Jon! Glad you'll be joining us. See you in April.

boatto5er

Draft Rally Agenda

Hi Everyone,

The DRAFT (repeat - DRAFT) agenda for the rally is posted below. It's probably at 90-95% right now. Could stay as is, may have a few minor changes.

2010 Eastern Region Rally

FUN, COMRADERIE, DOOR PRIZES, FOOD

All scheduled activities are optional

(NOTE: Forum screen names in italics)

(Activities in RED are not confirmed yet)

Sun - Tue, Apr 25-27 Rigs begin arriving, 1st Convoy from SC Rally arrives

Wed, Apr 28 2d Convoy from SC Rally arrives

Thur, Apr 29 Early Arrival Day/Early Bird Activities

9:00am – 10:00am Early Bird Continental Breakfast
Hosted by Chapter Leaders @ Site 381

2:00pm - ??? Wine and Cheese Tasting (Bring Your Favorite Wine) @ CG Registration Office Club Room, Hosted by (and Cheese, Crackers, and Chocolates provided by) John and Deb Bylinski (F250DieselDad and dbylinski), NJ Chapter Leaders, Followed by Hot Tub and Indoor Pool Swim

6:00pm Group Dinner Out

Fri, Apr 30 Official Arrival Day, Pick up welcome packets and T-Shirts @ Site 386 (maybe clubhouse)– Kevin (knjp123)and Nellie Wolbeck (1st site on your left as you drive in) (T-Shirts provided by Heartland Owners Club)

6:00pm – 7:00pmBurgers and Dogs, Door Prizes @ Clubhouse,Provided by “TBD”(BYO Drink), Hosted by Terry D (trdeal), Pete F (PFS513), Eric V (Flying Dutchman), and Gus F (boat to 5er)

7:30pm – 9:30pm Line Dancing and Class @ Clubhouse, Hosted by Gus (boat to 5er) and Debra

Sat, May 1

8:00am – 9:30am Catered Full Service Breakfast @ Clubhouse, Provided by Heartland Owners Club(All food and drinks included)

9:30am Depart for Cape Hatteras Lighthouse (convoy – led by Larry Bandstra [SouthernNights])

10:00am – 11:00 Cape Hatteras Presentation, Presented by National Park Service @ Lighthouse Pavilion

11:00 – 1:00pm Lunch, (On your own)

Noon – 1:00pm Working Lunch, Chapter Leaders Meeting @ Jim Beletti’s, Site #323

1:00pm – 2:00pm Fire Safety, Presented by Duane Clause (Porthole) @ Site # TBD – (May move to Friday, late afternoon)

1:00pm – 2:30pm Crafts Session @ Clubhouse, Bring a craft to work on and discuss, Hosted by Debra Funderburg

2:00pm – 6:30pm New Trailer Tours TENTATIVE(self-guided)

2:30pm – 4:00pm Trailer Modifications Tour, Led by John Bylinski (f250dieseldad) (meet @ Park between sites 380/381)

5:30pm Group Picture @ HOC Banner/Park, between sites 380/381 (Wear your Heartland Shirt) - Dave Yocum (DaveBennington)

6:30pm - ??? Catered Full Service Bar-B-Que Dinner and Prizes @ Clubhouse, Provided by Heartland Owners Club (Wear your Heartland Shirt), Short Presentation by Jim Beletti, Door Prize Drawings

8:30pm – 11:00pm Bon Fire @ Park

Sun, May 2

8:00am – 9:00am Non-Denominational Service @ Clubhouse

9:30am – 10:00am Continental Breakfast and Farewell @ Clubhouse (BYO Drinks and Pastries)

10:00am - ??? Regular Departures

10:00am – 12:00Courtesy Tire Pressure Checks @ sites, Eric Van Opstal (Flying Dutchman) and Don Massengill (Andy) – Contact Eric to coordinate your tire check

12:00 – 6:00pm No scheduled activities

6:00pm - ??? Pot-Luck Dinner @ Clubhouse

Mon, May 3 Late Departures

Tues, May 4 Very Late Departures

Items in RED are not confirmed, but being worked on or contemplated.

Status
Not open for further replies.