EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Waynesville - 4/12/2013 to 4/14/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

Kirk,

The Backpack program is a program were civic clubs as well as the Heartland Club collects food and or money to help feed kids that are sent to school hungry. They have found that many kids are sent to school hungry and the only way they receive good and healthy food is through the Backpack Program.

Here are a few facts about the program.

• 12 Million elementary school children are on the free & reduced meal program
  • Nearly 62,000 children in 437 schools and in 42 states and 3 countries are currently being fed by Blessings in a Backpack
  • The power of $80 - feeds a child on the weekends for a 38-week school year

I hope this helps explain what we are trying to do.

dave

tracks

Kirk,

The Backpack program is a program were civic clubs as well as the Heartland Club collects food and or money to help feed kids that are sent to school hungry. They have found that many kids are sent to school hungry and the only way they receive good and healthy food is through the Backpack Program.

• Nearly 62,000 children in 437 schools and in 42 states and 3 countries are currently being fed by Blessings in a Backpack

dave

I appreciate the information.
Kirk

davebennington

The latest members to signup to join us are Steve & Kathy Wilhite, glad to can join us. I will need your shirt sizes so I can place the order.

dave

JJnVA

Made our reservations for arrival on 4/9 and departure on 4/15 at Pride RV. Will be on site A13. Look forward to seeing everyone whom we haven't already seen at the SC and FL rallies in the prior weeks :eek:

davebennington

The latest members to join us for the rally are Ed & Barb Rauch, they will be on site A10, happy you can make it.

There are still sites left so call and make your reservation.

dave

davebennington

What would a Regional Rally be without Ron & Ann Parrish, glad that you will make it. Can't wait to hear what you have been up to.

There are still sites left, so call the campground and register soon.

dave

davebennington

As I mention in and earlier post we are going to have tables set up for folks who have talent in a craft or project of some kind to display and sell their craft/project if they wish to do so. If you would like to partake in this let me know via PM or E-mail so I can see how many tables we will need.

This should be interesting because Lance has asked for a table, I guess he is going to do magic stuff.

dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Kirk,

dave
We have this program in the elementary school school I work in. Excellent program. In our county some of the youth groups in our churchs join in to help fill the backpacks.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
As I mention in and earlier post we are going to have tables set up for folks who have talent in a craft or project of some kind to display and sell their craft/project if they wish to do so. If you would like to partake in this let me know via PM or E-mail so I can see how many tables we will need.

This should be interesting because Lance has asked for a table, I guess he is going to do magic stuff."

dave

Naw, I don't need a table, I was just referring to my "hobby" of thing "blowing up" that I happen to capture on video. :rolleyes:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Called a few minutes ago to make reservations, but the young lady who answered the phone said Betty would have to call me back tomorrow to confirm and take information. We plan on arriving on 4/11 and depart on 4/15. I'll post again as soon as we get confirmed. EDIT: Just confirmed with the campground - we'll be site C7.

Last edited:

boatto5er

For route planning purposes, how is I-26 between I-81 and I-40? Easy, medium, hair-raising with a 5er? Would it be better to come down I-77 instead (as I recall, fairly easy after clearing the long downhill at Fancy Gap)?

davebennington

Gus where are you coming from?
If you are heading south on I95 you could get on I85 then to I40 stay on it until you get to exit 27, route 74 then it is an easy ride to exit 102 at that point you are only about 1 or 2 miles from the campground.

dave

boatto5er

Gus where are you coming from?
If you are heading south on I95 you could get on I85 then to I40 stay on it until you get to exit 27, route 74 then it is an easy ride to exit 102 at that point you are only about 1 or 2 miles from the campground.

dave

Dave, we'll be spending Wed night in Wytheville, on I-81. We use I-81 because it gets us around I-95 N. VA traffic. So it's either the I-26 route or I-77 down to I-40.

davebennington

Gus,

I have not traveled I26 up that way however we have been on I26 from I95 to Asheville area and it is a good road to travel on.

dave

tracks

Dave, we'll be spending Wed night in Wytheville, on I-81. We use I-81 because it gets us around I-95 N. VA traffic. So it's either the I-26 route or I-77 down to I-40.

Gus, we haven't finalized our route from Fredericksburg, VA. I was wondering if there was a particular camp ground you could recommend at Wytheville?

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.