EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: OR, Canyonville - 9/13/2017 to 9/20/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVFun4Us

What about 97 south from 84 at Biggs Junction, down to 20 to 126 then west to Eugene?

Unsure what 126 is like going through Willamette National Forest.

View attachment 54466

View attachment 54467

Jim, think you are close to the preferred route. Take 97 from Biggs Junction south through Madras and into Redmond. Take 126 west out of Redmond through Sisters and up to Santiam Junction where you take the left branch at the junction and continue on 126. There is a sharp left turn to continue on 126 about five miles from the junction. Do not take the Highway 20 route to Albany, bad curvy road. Once you stay on 126 there, it is a straight shot to Springfield and I-5. Your GPS should take you from there to Canyonville. Hope that helps.

LBR

I suggest everyone headed to this rally to download the app "Oregon Trip Check Free"....it is our bible for Oregon road conditions in realtime for closures, major and minor accidents, etc. You can pull up road cams along your route to see road conditions thru this app as well....travel safe everyone.

jbeletti

Jim and PJ - thanks for the advice. Unless things change with the fire or if 84 opens up south of Portland, I'll plan to take 97 south to 138, then west over to Roseburg.

LBR - I could not find that app in the Apple store.

Oregon_Camper

Jim and PJ - thanks for the advice. Unless things change with the fire or if 84 opens up south of Portland, I'll plan to take 97 south to 138, then west over to Roseburg.

LBR - I could not find that app in the Apple store.

Just remember Crown Villa RV Resort in Bend if you get delayed and need a place to stop. Not the cheapest, but VERY VERY nice.

Again...here is the video of the entrance. :) Yes, I am having too much fun with my new dash cam. :)

[URL='https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxEvZw2XQ1McDk1Nk9NcUlsYXc']
Capture.jpg

[/URL]

Gaffer

If you go to Crown Villa. do not enter on Brosterhous travelling north from Knott. The RR under crossing is only about 12'. You can see where it has been hit several times.

jbeletti

If you go to Crown Villa. do not enter on Brosterhous travelling north from Knott. The RR under crossing is only about 12'. You can see where it has been hit several times.

If I stay here, I'll be coming "from" the north, so I should be good. But I had to look for the bridge to the south anyway :) Here it is:
Google ChromeScreenSnapz365.jpg

Oregon_Camper

If I stay here, I'll be coming "from" the north, so I should be good. But I had to look for the bridge to the south anyway :) Here it is:
View attachment 54476

Funny you should post that...I missed the sign and and had to find a place to turn around. Fortunately, there was a spot just before the "B" in your picture.

Here are the directions from Crown Villa's web page. WE followed these the 2nd time we went. LOL

HWY 97 – Southbound (from Redmond, Oregon)

When approaching Bend on HWY 97 from the North, stay on the HWY 97 Bend Parkway (NOT Business 97/3rd Street).
Continue South on the Parkway approximately 3 miles to Exit #139 (Reed Market Rd).
From the exit turn LEFT on to Reed Market Rd at the light.
Turn RIGHT onto American Lane, which becomes Brosterhous Rd.
After you pass Murphy Rd, Crown Villa’s entrance is 100 yards on the right.
After entering the driveway, pull up to the RV parking area on the RIGHT side, on the paver bricks by the brick wall.
Pull as far forward and as close to the brick was as possible.
Please shut OFF your engine before entering the Reception Office.

Last edited by a moderator:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hello all!

It’s getting close!!!

Thank you to Harry and Teri Blatter who just arrived at Seven Feathers today and are reporting clear skies!! WHOO HOOO!!

Wanted to take this moment to pass along our Schedule of Events. Keep in mind there may be last minute changes (as always) and that information will be posted on the white board at Site #104 as it happens.

Wanted to remind people that Henderson’s LineUp from Grants Pass Oregon will be on site Wednesday, Thursday and Friday doing Truck and Trailer inspections and weighing. The cost is $67 per rig. We have several people signed up for it already, if you are interested please send us an email ASAP (to Oly911@gmail.com) so we can update the schedule for Henderson’s.

Performance trailer braking (Ron Russell) will also be on site if you have braking issues again please notify us ASAP if you have a specific request. As you will see, they will be hosting a seminar at the clubhouse Sunday Morning at 10 am topic: Disc brakes and Tires

If you want to participate in Friday morning golf, contact John Kramer at (JDFishing@comcast.net) to see if they have room for more people.

If you would like to participate in the Mary Kay open house Site #86 Friday Sept 15th between 1pm - 4pm. notify Nancy Beletti at (http://www.marykay.com/nancybeletti Or by phone: (931) 996-2795)

If you wish to participate in the greeting card crafting class notify Sue Hickman ASAP at (suehickman.ts@gmail.com)

If you wish to participate in the paint and sip event Sunday afternoon, notify Rhonda Jess (at jesstalkn@yahoo.com)

If you wish to participate in the Abacela Winery tour and tasting Monday afternoon the 18th. please notify Kelly Ditrich ASAP at (Oly911@gmail.com)

Rod & Kelly Ditrich
Pacific Region Directors
Heartland Owners Club

Attachments

• 2017 HOC Schedule of Events.docx
    375 KB · Views: 3
  • 2017 HOC Schedule of Events.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

For20hunter

We just pulled in and set up. Now the work begins and soon the FUN begins!! All blue skies and no smoke at all! Lets go Heartlanders!!!

Rod and Kelly

TikiDawg

We're here too. The fun has begun! Getting the Disc Brakes installed now.
07e5ee55e9a583960a3152a3126a266c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
28c6a5bba9dd2fb3c2deeb1311f37579.jpg

Torklift

Sheryl and I are very excited to attend the rally this weekend and meet everyone!

We're host a seminar for the GlowStep Revolution and other Torklift products on September 16th at 10 am in the clubhouse and hope to see everyone there. For all the attendees - there’s going to be a special promotion just for you on the day of our seminar. You’re not going to want to miss it.

Make sure to get your “Gimme My GlowStep Revolution” entries entered onto our Facebook page to enter to win these steps – the funnier or more creative, the better. More info on our blog here.

We're also very excited to be hand-delivering a certificate for one lucky raffle winner at the rally who will win a free set of the GlowStep Revolution RV steps! Also, we are incredibly happy to be supporting the Pacific Heartland Rally’s fundraiser for Hurricane Harvey relief and will be donating an additional two GlowStep Revolution steps to raise money to support our fellow Heartland Owners and friends!

-Kerstin

Last edited:

For20hunter

Sheryl and I are very excited to attend the rally this weekend and meet everyone!

We're host a seminar for the GlowStep Revolution and other Torklift products on September 16th at 10 am in the clubhouse and hope to see everyone there. For all the attendees - there’s going to be a special promotion just for you on the day of our seminar. You’re not going to want to miss it.

Make sure to get your “Gimme My GlowStep Revolution” entries entered onto our Facebook page to enter to win these steps – the funnier or more creative, the better. More info on our blog here.

We're also very happy to be hand-delivering a certificate for one lucky raffle winner at the rally who will win a free set of the GlowStep Revolution RV steps! Also, we are incredibly happy to be supporting the Pacific Heartland Rally’s fundraiser for Hurricane Harvey relief and will be donating an additional two GlowStep Revolution steps to raise money to support our fellow Heartland Owners and friends!

Kerstin,

We can't thank Torklift enough for their generosity and their support for our rally!! You guys rock!!

If you guys have not seen or demoed Torklift GlowSteps come by site number 104 and check ours out. They are amazing! In my humble opinion they are the best steps on the market!!

So everyone at the rally will have four chances to get their own go steps. Two chances to win a set for free and if that doesn't work out then you can throw your bid in at the auction and all of the proceeds of that go directly to the victims of hurricane Harvey through a church in Texas that Pat and Elaine Poole belong to and guarantee that 100% of the money will go directly to the families that were decimated by Harvey.

Rod

Last edited:

G_S

Hello all!

It’s getting close!!!

Thank you to Harry and Teri Blatter who just arrived at Seven Feathers today and are reporting clear skies!! WHOO HOOO!!

Wanted to take this moment to pass along our Schedule of Events. Keep in mind there may be last minute changes (as always) and that information will be posted on the white board at Site #104 as it happens.

Wanted to remind people that Henderson’s LineUp from Grants Pass Oregon will be on site Wednesday, Thursday and Friday doing Truck and Trailer inspections and weighing. The cost is $67 per rig. We have several people signed up for it already, if you are interested please send us an email ASAP (to Oly911@gmail.com) so we can update the schedule for Henderson’s.

Performance trailer braking (Ron Russell) will also be on site if you have braking issues again please notify us ASAP if you have a specific request. As you will see, they will be hosting a seminar at the clubhouse Sunday Morning at 10 am topic: Disc brakes and Tires

If you want to participate in Friday morning golf, contact John Kramer at (JDFishing@comcast.net) to see if they have room for more people.

If you would like to participate in the Mary Kay open house Site #86 Friday Sept 15th between 1pm - 4pm. notify Nancy Beletti at (http://www.marykay.com/nancybeletti Or by phone: (931) 996-2795)

If you wish to participate in the greeting card crafting class notify Sue Hickman ASAP at (suehickman.ts@gmail.com)

If you wish to participate in the paint and sip event Sunday afternoon, notify Rhonda Jess (at jesstalkn@yahoo.com)

If you wish to participate in the Abacela Winery tour and tasting Monday afternoon the 18th. please notify Kelly Ditrich ASAP at (Oly911@gmail.com)

Rod & Kelly Ditrich
Pacific Region Directors
Heartland Owners Club

Just checking, did Sue get us signed up for the winery tour on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdfishing

RALLY GOLF @ COUGAR CANYON
Friday Sept. 15th
1316 FAIRWAY DR.
MYRTLE CREEK, OR.
Exit 108 off of I-5
Driving time about 20 minutes

WE ARE FULL!!!!

FEES: $46/Includes Cart (Pay at Pro Shop)

First Tee Time: 9:30

1st Group: Kramer/Bromley/Haskin/Dickey
2nd Group: Rick & Joyce Morones/Wade & Lisa Goforth
3rd Group: Wilson/Chinn/Malone/Wall
4th Group: Anderson/Nisson/Naegeli/Memmer

Golf course requires soft spikes and collared shirts. 90* rule in effect. Please stay up with the group in front of you to avoid slow play.

Thank you all for signing up. This is not a competition, so lets all go out there and have a great day. The course is located in the country with a lot of rolling hills and beautiful views. You might want to bring an adequate supply of ammo (balls). There are sufficient challenges on the course to make it interesting for everyone.

There is a driving range and practice putting green for those who feel the need to warm up.

See everyone Friday morning!!!

Oregon_Camper

Can you guys leave a light on for those of us coming in Friday night? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We're in site 135, so don't go having some crazy party there, thinking someone was a no show. :p:p

jdfishing

rally golf @ cougar canyon
friday sept. 15th
1316 fairway dr.
Myrtle creek, or.
Exit 108 off of i-5
driving time about 20 minutes

we are full!!!!

Fees: $46/includes cart (pay at pro shop)

first tee time: 9:30

1st group: Kramer/bromley/haskin/dickey
2nd group: Rick & joyce morones/wade & lisa goforth
3rd group: Wilson/chinn/malone/wall
4th group: Anderson/nisson/naegeli/memmer

golf course requires soft spikes and collared shirts. 90* rule in effect. please stay up with the group in front of you to avoid slow play.

Thank you all for signing up. This is not a competition, so lets all go out there and have a great day. The course is located in the country with a lot of rolling hills and beautiful views. You might want to bring an adequate supply of ammo (balls). There are sufficient challenges on the course to make it interesting for everyone.

There is a driving range and practice putting green for those who feel the need to warm up.

see everyone friday morning!!!

golf update:
The pairings will be changing due to a recent addition. If there is anyone else who would like to join us, please contact me asap in site #131.

Status
Not open for further replies.