EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 5/17/2013 to 5/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This is great news Lynne! If you have already registered with Drummer Boy please post your site number, arrival and departure dates.

We really enjoyed your company at Willow Tree and we know you will enjoy this event. Welcome to Gettysburg!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Looks like this will a first for a few of us.

Actually there are quite a few "first timer's" coming to Gettysburg. We are excited to be meeting some of our new members and we know that you guys will show them a good time.

We are equally excited to have a few families with us and will be working some activities for the kids into our schedule. Many of you have already met some of them and there will be some new younger faces around camp this time as our family has grown. We are proud to be a "Kid Friendly" Club!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I received a call from Drummer Boy today to tell me the 6 sites remaining are size restricted by the number of slide outs on your rig. Burt is in Florida at the Tampa Show and I will touch base with him the middle of next week to see if we have any big rig options.

oldmannj

I received a call from Drummer Boy today to tell me the 6 sites remaining are size restricted by the number of slide outs on your rig. Burt is in Florida at the Tampa Show and I will touch base with him the middle of next week to see if we have any big rig options.

If it'll help any, since I have the TT if my site is better for someone with a larger unit I can take a more petite site ;)
ED.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If it'll help any, since I have the TT if my site is better for someone with a larger unit I can take a more petite site ;)
ED.

Thank you for your very kind offer Ed. You da Man! We'll wait until I talk to Bert next week but it is so nice of you to offer. See you at the Silver Coin tomorrow!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Ghost Tour Information:
We will be touring the Farnsworth House in conjunction with a Guided Candlelight Walking Tour. The size of our group requires we split onto 2 smaller groups for the tour. While one group is taking the walking tour the other will head to the basement of the Farnsworth House into the Victorian Mourning Parlor.

For our families with children we will make sure you are all together on the first walking tour while John and I tour the basement. If you trust us enough:angel:we will be able to keep an eye on your children while their parents tour the basement. We figured this plan would allow the kids a choice and still allow their parents to attend the basement tour.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If you trust us enough:angel:we will be able to keep an eye on your children while their parents tour the basement.

What??? 10 hours with no comment??? I thought you guys would jump all over this!!! Is this thing on??? Can anybody hear me out there??? Testing 1-2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Our HEARTLAND GIVES BACK Initiative for Gettysburg will be Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue.

More information about your donations will be available on this thread very soon.

Attachments

• HL GIVES BACK FLYER.pdf
    383.6 KB · Views: 32

oldmannj

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, our 4 legged friends win again!!!!! EXCELLENT choice for the giveback!!!!! Let me know what I can do to help!!!! ED

Miller0758

What??? 10 hours with no comment??? I thought you guys would jump all over this!!! Is this thing on??? Can anybody hear me out there??? Testing 1-2
Not sure which is scarier, the ghost tour or you guys watching the kids ... Lol. On the other hand, perhaps we will be abducted and you'll be proud parents. Only kidding, the offer is greatly appreciated ... Thank you

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Not sure which is scarier, the ghost tour or you guys watching the kids ... Lol. On the other hand, perhaps we will be abducted and you'll be proud parents. Only kidding, the offer is greatly appreciated ... Thank you

I knew I could depend on you John! Thanks for bustin' on me! No matter how much love you show, I'M NOT TAKING THEM HOME! They are welcome to come over for a vist but my rulebook clearly states and I quote "If your brings them - You takes them upon check out"! I'm their leader so I have to follow my rules. Sorry Kids, you are going home with Daddy!

TXTiger

Are the Walking Tour and the Basement Tour handicap friendly? I am not able to do steep steps or walk long distances without assistance.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Tony the Walking tour is about 45 minutes long and covers about two blocks. I put out an email to Libby at the Farnsworth House to check their ADA accommodations with regard to the stairs to the basement. Their information says they are hancicapped accessible but is not specific as to the stairs.

As soon as I hear from her I will post back.

porthole

Retired
Misty_DVGRR.jpg

Our HEARTLAND GIVES BACK Initiative for Gettysburg will be Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue.

More information about your donations will be available on this thread very soon.

To say we are honored with the sentiments in the flyer is an understatement. We had no idea our Misty was to be chosen for a "poster pup".
Misty joined our family shortly after 9/11 and is the reason for her official name, :angel: "9/11 Angels In Our Midst - Misty" :angel:, in memory of the 343 members of the FDNY.

Although not a rescue pup she was the driving force with our introduction to the rescue world. And it is because of her we started camping.
Some of you may recall seeing a wayward camper run all around the Delaware campground chasing a scared out of her wits golden streak a few years ago, that was Misty.

As Deb B mentioned, more information will be forthcoming. I have a list of desired items from the shelter and we are trying to format it so that those wishing to donate can do so more efficiently.

Thank you again for choosing a "Heartland Gives Back" that is near and dear to us and for remembering our girl.

Molly and Regis appreciate it too.

Molly Regis and Puddy 027.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.