EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 5/17/2013 to 5/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are so sorry to hear that...

Don & Betty McGlynn will not be able to be with us for the rally. Your childs college graduation is an important time and although we'll miss you, you will be where you need to be! What a way to get out of setting up for pot luck......

Hudson and Tracy Hendren also will not be with us for the rally and we wish them good luck with their new SOB.

Bighorn55

Don and Betty we will miss you, can't wait to see you in New York! Enjoy the graduation, such a wonderful thing to have to miss the rally for.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We roll out the Red Carpet for Mickey & Lisa Chrisley as new Heartland Owners and first time rally goers! Can't wait to meet you!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
While working the RV Show at Camping World this past weekend we happened upon a few PA Owners who were not yet members of the Owners Club. We swapped out some info and extended an invitation to join the club and hook up with us in Gettysburg. As a result of that chance meeting we welcome Bighorn Owners Bob and Melanie Parlon to their first Rally in Gettysburg! Bob and Melanie have a seasonal site at Drummer Boy and we'll be showing them a good time for sure! It sure was nice talking to them at the show and we look forward to seeing them again!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Awesome Deb and John!
Sharing the Heartland Club is one of my favorite things to do.
We look forward to meeting all the first timers that will be attending the Gettysburg Rally. It is going to be a blast!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Deb
I am sure you have met Gungy!... He is the only cat we have traveled with.
PS..He is really black in color not Blue but that is the correct name of his coloring.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I don't recall ever having the meeting Deb! Black, Blue, Brown.... It don't matter! Love all animals so put me on the Gungy meeting list!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well then dont be surprised if he shows up at a campfire on his leash!

Well now this struck a nerve in the old memory bank! I think Duane was cuddling with him in a recliner outside your rig at the NJ Rally. Yep that's it, the NJ Rally!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Only 4 days left to register and be assured a site with the group! Our unreserved sites will be turned back to Drummer Boy on Friday, 3/15!

If you are on the fence about attending time is running out.

TXTiger

Thought the Rally started on the 17th. My reservation begins on Thurs the 16th. Guess I will have to change it to arrive on Wed the 15 in order to make the Utz Pretzel Factory Tour. Do I need to call Drummer Boy directly to add Wed?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thought the Rally started on the 17th. My reservation begins on Thurs the 16th. Guess I will have to change it to arrive on Wed the 15 in order to make the Utz Pretzel Factory Tour. Do I need to call Drummer Boy directly to add Wed?

You can call and move your arrival up if you would like Tony. Thursday is actually a pre-rally day and as we had so many arriving earlier in the week (15th and 16th) we set up an early activity. In addition, Drummer Boy has moved check in time back to 12:00 for us on Thursday.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
UPDATE...

Thanks to PA member "brunomisty" we know it is actually the Utz "Potato Chip" factory tour that we will be touring. Thanks for the PM and we wish you could join us!

Hudson

We are so sorry to hear that...

Hudson and Tracy Hendren also will not be with us for the rally and we wish them good luck with their new SOB.

Well we really, really, really hate to, but we are leaving the family of Heartland ownership for a short while. Yes, we got tired of getting 6mpg with the behemoth (Cyclone 3950HD) and the behemoth (F-450). We searched long and hard at every 5th wheel made. At first we picked another brand, then noticed a new Cyclone (CY3110) that almost perfectly fit the bill -- we were actually sitting down to make the deal on that Cyclone but realized at the last moment something it didn't have that we really needed. Suddenly we found another brand new floor plan from another manufacturer that was almost a perfect fit so we ordered that instead. It should arrive "soon."

As a former wagonmaster I should have remembered that regional and national rallies cannot accommodate SOB trailers. So we cannot attend with you guys in Gettysburg. We can still come to state rallies with a nod from the wagonmaster or chapter leader so believe me, we will get to see you guys again. We still don't have the new truck yet with no ETA (2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 SRW SWB) so we aren't going to go far for rallies until the new truck comes in.

We still love the Heartland products and the rallies and everything. In fact we've already picked out our *next* rig in four years when Emma leaves for college: It's the new Heartland Gateway 3200RS (by then the models will be a little different of course). BTW, we still have the Cyclone right now, but we're pretty sure it will sell before Gettysburg -- it's a wonderful RV but it was just too big for me to enjoy driving and parking any more (especially with those triple axles)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I am going to try to get us signed up Friday morning. Wish me luck. :eek:

I sent you an email with available site # but forgot to tell you Site 356 is pull thru and is plenty long enough for the Landmark. Site 371A ia a Back IN! :rolleyes:
Let me know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.