EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 5/17/2013 to 5/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well we really, really, really hate to, but we are leaving the family of Heartland ownership for a short while. Yes, we got tired of getting 6mpg with the behemoth (Cyclone 3950HD) and the behemoth (F-450). We searched long and hard at every 5th wheel made. At first we picked another brand, then noticed a new Cyclone (CY3110) that almost perfectly fit the bill -- we were actually sitting down to make the deal on that Cyclone but realized at the last moment something it didn't have that we really needed. Suddenly we found another brand new floor plan from another manufacturer that was almost a perfect fit so we ordered that instead. It should arrive "soon."

As a former wagonmaster I should have remembered that regional and national rallies cannot accommodate SOB trailers. So we cannot attend with you guys in Gettysburg. We can still come to state rallies with a nod from the wagonmaster or chapter leader so believe me, we will get to see you guys again. We still don't have the new truck yet with no ETA (2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 SRW SWB) so we aren't going to go far for rallies until the new truck comes in.

We still love the Heartland products and the rallies and everything. In fact we've already picked out our *next* rig in four years when Emma leaves for college: It's the new Heartland Gateway 3200RS (by then the models will be a little different of course). BTW, we still have the Cyclone right now, but we're pretty sure it will sell before Gettysburg -- it's a wonderful RV but it was just too big for me to enjoy driving and parking any more (especially with those triple axles)

We will surely miss you guys for the next few years at regional events but hope you keep to the plan and come back to the family! Good luck and maybe we'll get to see you locally! Enjoy your trip out west.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Add us to the attendee list! :) Arriving May 16, Departing May 20, Site #356. Be great to see Y'ALL again. I'll bring the Grits Deb. :angel:
Can we still get on the T-Shirt list?

f250dieseldad

Gus, glad to have you and Debra. Well Debra anyway. Deb will be in touch for shirt sizes and what events you are going to attend. See you soon. Also consider the Lancaster Campout in April.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Our remaining sites have been turned over to Drummer Boy.
You may continue to make reservations but there is no guarantee you will be sited with the group.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I am so very sad to see Tracy and Hudson leaving our family!! Dang..
But I will be anxious to catch up with them at some event down the road!

Safe travels until we meet again..

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Add us to the attendee list! :) Arriving May 16, Departing May 20, Site #356. Be great to see Y'ALL again. I'll bring the Grits Deb. :angel:

GRITS!!:p No way! You got me once you ain't gettin' me again!

oldmannj

Personally I would like to learn how to cook grits correctly. I've tried on a few occasions and had no success. With all the people that love grits it has to be me...(can't believe THAT many folks enjoy dirt.) Tried them with butter (dirt with butter) tried them with onions (dirt with onions) WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?????:( ED

jimtoo

Personally I would like to learn how to cook grits correctly. I've tried on a few occasions and had no success. With all the people that love grits it has to be me...(can't believe THAT many folks enjoy dirt.) Tried them with butter (dirt with butter) tried them with onions (dirt with onions) WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?????:( ED

NO Ed..it's not just you... I don't like grits either... kinda like sand in ripe milk to me... The DW likes them,,but she is from PA and moved to Texas when little(so she still got a few imperfections) :) .. Me,,, I'm a True Texan... we may eat a prickly pear fruit or chew a mesquite bean, wild river grapes or gnaw on some dried beef, or use an Elm branch for a toothbrush and tooth pick... but none of em taste like grits. :)

bill40

NO Ed..it's not just you... I don't like grits either... kinda like sand in ripe milk to me... The DW likes them,,but she is from PA and moved to Texas when little(so she still got a few imperfections) :) .. Me,,, I'm a True Texan... we may eat a prickly pear fruit or chew a mesquite bean, wild river grapes or gnaw on some dried beef, or use an Elm branch for a toothbrush and tooth pick... but none of em taste like grits. :)

Jim grits ain't a Pa thing believe me and Oldmannj it's not you it's the product. Sometimes we just can't just come around to liking something that is so popular. It's like deer meat just can't warm up to it and every one tells me I haven't had it fixed correctly, you would think a Pa guy would like it.:eek:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Jim grits ain't a Pa thing believe me and Oldmannj it's not you it's the product. Sometimes we just can't just come around to liking something that is so popular. It's like deer meat just can't warm up to it and every one tells me I haven't had it fixed correctly, you would think a Pa guy would like it.:eek:

Guess we'll scratch our plans to bring a big batch to the Pot-Luck :rolleyes:.

TXTiger

I am from Calif and was looking forward to eating some grits. The only time I get them is when I visit TX! Save me a bowl.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I am from Calif and was looking forward to eating some grits. The only time I get them is when I visit TX! Save me a bowl.

Don't worry Tony! Being as you've come so far you can have mine! I tried searching for my grits face but I couldn't find the post amongst getting tossed. Here is a replacement because I remember the face so well.

22136-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Yellow-Emoticon-Face-With-One-Eye-Closed-Sticking-Its-Tongue-Out-In-Disgust.jpg

This is it isn't it Gus????

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Information about our Heartland Gives Back Initiative is available by clicking HERE. Please visit this link and then send a Forum Private Message to Porthole with your choices.

We would like you to know ahead of time that we sincerely appreciate your generosity to this special project!

Attachments

• HL GIVES BACK POSTER.pdf
    400 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Our Site assignments are now official. There have been no changes.

As there are some smaller sites scattered throughout the rally area, you may find a non-Heartland product parked next to you. For the most part, these smaller sites would not meet the needs of our group. Drummer Boy will not book them unless it becomes necessary to accommodate their guests. Hey, you never know, be kind and their next purchase could result in a membership number!

We would like to thank Drummer Boy for donating the use of site 316 for our tents. Our information board will be located there as well for you to find the most up-to-date rally information, changes and postings.

I will be putting together our Help Schedule in the next week or so. If you are interested in helping out let me know. Please take a look at the attached agenda and if you would like to help with a specific activity or in a specific way we will try to accommodate your request. There are always chores to be done and we appreciate all your help! We just couldn't do it without you!

I would like to thank the following members for agreeing to be appointed as volunteers:
Bill & Jerry Stewart - "Welcome Committee"
Ed & Irene Matulewicz - "Kids Games"
Duane & Debbie Clause - "Heartland Gives Back"

Attachments

• Gettysburg Rally Agenda.pdf
    276.7 KB · Views: 34

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa please take note! Special information for our "RALLY KIDZ"!

There will be some special activities for our kidz throughout the rally with prizes and gifts for the winners. Some things already on the KIDZ AGENDA are "Campsite Quiz", "Money Hunt" and a "Limbo Contest"! Information about our special KIDZ AGENDA will be found in your rally bag.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just changed dates will in on the 15th. Deb if we can help with anything let know.

We will be arriving on the 11th so we'll leave a light on for ya! We have many early arrivals so we will have a ton of pre-rally fun!

If you guys are willing to help I will add you to the schedule. Thank you for volunteering!

Status
Not open for further replies.