EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Barb,

Very happy to hear you and Bill made it home and are parked within an inch of being backed in perfectly. Now try that with 20 rally friends watching. Sounds like you were able to get everything done on your rig you were planning for. Plus a few extras like those pescky water leaks, it helps when fellow campers come to the rescue and lend a helping hand.

We did make it back east with no issues, were able to see our son-in-law off before he headed to Navy boot camp and now have been spending lots of time with our kids and grandson. Loving it.

We look forward to seeing you, as well all Heartlanders down the road whether at a rally or just on travels.

Kevin

Barb,

Glad to hear you guys are home. We were in the Big Horn across from you. We are still in Elkhart waiting for the RV to be fixed. They took it in on Monday and told us it would be ready on Thurs. We are currently in the Jameson Inn and for anyone needing a place to stay, this is a nice place. We told them we were waiting for our Heartland and they gave us a really good discount. Thanks to Jim B. for telling us about it. Hope to be on our way back to Missouri Friday morning.

Last edited:
View attachment 13652View attachment 13651

Gary,
We went back on I-70, and WB traffic wasn't nearly as bad as the EB was on the 12th on the way to the rally. Took us about 45 min to get through in stop & go traffic. When we went home on Tue. the 21st, we had slow traffic, but no stopping. Made it through a lot quicker. We are now in Larkspur, CO work camping. Had a hail storm (3 of them) come through tonight. The second one destroyed our roof vents. Now we have to rush down & buy a couple of them tomorrow. Be safe going home, hope they get you taken care of!

Roy, this has been our biggest fear that we would get caught in a hail storm. Hopefully this was the only damage. With the size of the stones, it could have been a lot worse. We should get our rig back on Thurs. and will be on our way back to Missouri. Will miss you guys in Sept. if you can't make it.

porthole

Retired
So, when we got back home I left the trailer out in the street while we moved the cars and checked the yard for rabbet nests before unleashing the dogs.
When I looked at the trailer sitting out in the street the AC looked kind of strange. Somewhere along the PA Turnpike the front AC cover blew off.

Called Heartland today to get numbers and find out I have a Carrier AC, Carrier which has been out of business for over a year. Grrrgghhhhh.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 26

Vtxkid

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Duane... I didn't realize that Carrier was out of business. How are you going to handle the situation now?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
That's the PA turnpike for ya. It'll shake your fillings out of your teeth. I believe there are companies that make aftermarket AC shrouds. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe I saw them in an RV magazine somewhere.

porthole

Retired
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Duane... I didn't realize that Carrier was out of business. How are you going to handle the situation now?

Just the Carrier RV stuff.

Waiting for a call back from CS, they are trying to locate - see what is available.

That's the PA turnpike for ya. It'll shake your fillings out of your teeth. I believe there are companies that make aftermarket AC shrouds. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe I saw them in an RV magazine somewhere.

Actually I think ti would be the Ohio Turnpike, got to be one of the worst roads I've traveled. Even knocked the Microwave out of it's mount.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Duane, that's too bad. You should be able to get a replacement somewhere.
But in the mean time I see plenty of em laying along the highway here in Wisconsin. I'll keep an eye out for a repacement. Fix ya right up.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Thanks Dave - but if you keep a "lookout" like you did on stage I won't hold my breath.

Glad we didn't have to use this while we were in Goshen.

Attachments

• IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 14

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are killin me........and yea, what the heck. I think I am coming down with Athletes Face.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

Bobby, Debbie Bylinski (the official photographer and newsletter editor) has been busy busy busy catching up on finishing the newsletter AND posting rally photos. She is not done posting photos but trust that she will as soon as she catches her breath. There are some photos already posted. At the top on the icon bar, click on Tools. Then click on HOG (heartland owners gallery).... then on the left click on rallies...2011, and North American.

I'm sure one of the moderators can post a link into the gallery directly...sorry I don't know how to do that. But she's got a good many photos posted, with more to come!

Thanks for that info, I thought I missed it somewhere.

jimtoo

Here is link to the Gallery for pictures of the rally.... //heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=48779

Jim M

GOTTOYS

Duane that really sucks. I thought our Minnesota roads were bad. What about trying one of the RV salvage outfits? Good Luck...Don

porthole

Retired
Duane that really sucks. I thought our Minnesota roads were bad. What about trying one of the RV salvage outfits? Good Luck...Don

Well the bad news is that it is still broken. The good news is that customer service was wrong about which AC I have. Looked inside and I have a Dometic unit, new cover is $87 - shipping is $55 - from Elkhart!

Funny how some things move and other don't.
My microwave jumped out of it's mounting pad.
The two boxes below were in the same position for 750 miles. There still there. They are above the microwave, go figure.

I'll have the microwave mod here shortley
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=186194&viewfull=1#post186194

Attachments

• boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 42

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Could be a terminal case of StinkFace. So bad even the dog won't kiss you, even if you hang a steak around your neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.