Excellent Service support from Heartland!

TwoGypsies

We had a problem with the co-ax wiring in our 2011 3812. Our out of state dealer advised us that Heartland was taking the lead on warranty issues and it would be best to contact them directly. I talked to David Hilliker back in July. He is the service rep for our district. We were on an extended trip and he connected me with Ron Hoover RV in Houston so I could get the trailer in for repairs when we returned, planned for late October.
While we were in the Pigeon Forge area in early October we bought a better Dish receiver and employed Custom Coach Connections to install it, set it up, and show us how to use it. This included a cabinet modification & other mods. I thought CCC could work around the existing wiring problems, but it became obvious they could not. In the name of progress I authorized them to make the fixes. I did not contact Heartland as this all came about on a Saturday. I kissed my warranty work good-bye as I was very eager to get our new set-up working.
Meanwhile a couple of different potential warranty items had come up, so I contacted David again to review them with him. He was fully agreeable to adding them to the work list for Ron Hoover RV. I mentioned in passing that we could forget about the co-ax wiring as I had gotten it fixed. Much to my surprise, David inquired about how much I spent on the repairs, and stated that he and Heartland were interested in covering the cost. I had CCC prepare an honest break-out of the repair work and sent it to David. He has advised me that the work was approved and the check is in the mail!
Of course, there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place, but given that there was, I am very pleased with David & Heartland's attitude and interest in 'making it right'.

Something that David stressed for new owners like us:

-Be sure to check out everything during the warranty period. We have yet to try and pump gasoline, nor have we taken a shower in the trailer. (It's become a closet...) Things reported after the warranty period has expired won't be considered in most cases.

Our unit is scheduled to go into Ron Hoover RV on Saturday the 26th for the other issues we have noted. I'll post the results/outcome as a general fyi.