Exhaust brakes for F250 7.3L

Tumble Weed

Exhaust brakes for F250 7.3L.0 4X4 and other mmod's. I'M not lifting it any higher, DW is short.
I'M looking to purchase a BH3685RL and need to make sure of stopping, stopping is a good thing.
Whats some of the mod's you did to your truck.
Here some I have seen on some forums.
Just needs some help or should I move up to 350 or 3500?
Exhaust Brake, I need
TorqLoc, Maybe
Airbags, I think it's a need
Edge Evolution, I don't know
Trans Cooler, I think it's a need
Brake Controller, I got this..
Larger pipes, just not more noise please.. lol
Thanks every one, Just Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Don, quite frankly, I would consider moving up to newer 3500 or 350. A 3585 is a big heavy trailer. Your going to throw alot of money at an older truck ( you didn't say what year yours is). Any of the 2011 trucks and newer have all the things you want and are rated to pull a heavy trailer. All JMHO

lwmcguir

Don, quite frankly, I would consider moving up to newer 3500 or 350. A 3585 is a big heavy trailer. Your going to throw alot of money at an older truck ( you didn't say what year yours is). Any of the 2011 trucks and newer have all the things you want and are rated to pull a heavy trailer. All JMHO
Best advice you can get. Safer trucks with more capacity and more fuel efficient. Get a F350 or equivalent properly equipped and you will never be sorry.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Best advice you can get. Safer trucks with more capacity and more fuel efficient. Get a F350 or equivalent properly equipped and you will never be sorry.

More fuel efficient? I'm hearing stories of the newer Fords getting only 6-8 mpg towing.(?)

My previous Ford F350 7.3 liter stick got 13-14mpg while towing.

Just Don, get the exhaust brake (air bags are also good) and try your 7.3, as long it is within the weight limits of the truck. JMHO

Not everyone has $50K to spend on a new truck. Trace

Last edited:

jnbhobe

I get 13 towing with my 11F_350 I'm not unhappy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lwmcguir

More fuel efficient? I'm hearing stories of the newer Fords getting only 6-8 mpg towing.(?)

My previous Ford F350 7.3 liter stick got 13-14mpg while towing.

Just Don, get the exhaust brake (air bags are also good) and try your 7.3, as long it is within the weight limits of the truck. JMHO

Not everyone has $50K to spend on a new truck. Trace
6.4 fords don't do to well however the 6.7 will match or beat anything out there

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
6.4 fords don't do to well however the 6.7 will match or beat anything out there

The 6.7's are like fine wine and get better with age! I started out getting 11.6 MPG towing my trailer and now am up to 13.1 MPG in Washington State, which has Moutain Passes everywhere you go and I only have 5000 miles on the engine so far.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Trace, you got it....just wont spend it. That tool box in the your truck is full $100 bills. Did you ever notice that you squeek when you walk?

Tumble Weed

I have a money for a new truck or a new trailer Ill see what DW wants.
Think I'M getting a new truck..lol
I know it's only a 2002 F250 7.3L 78000 miles and there's a chance I
could get a 350 or 3500, but not new. News good but it's over paid for..lol
Just trying to figure it all out.
Thanks for all your advices about the devices...

I get 13.7 towing and not towing.