Exhaust Fan Question.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The flap looks similar but the vent is hinged on the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

I have the exhaust vent pictured. I opened it a year ago and it's still there. Traveled from Michigan to Arizona and back to Michigan via Florida and it's still there. My opinion, open it and forget it.

jbeletti

I have the new style vent on this RV and on the last one. Open it and forget it. Never flaps in the wind due to the improved hood design. I've never lost a new-style flap from being left open during travel. Hard to unlock? Yes! But only once when you choose to leave it that way :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I popped mine open a few weeks ago and it was difficult. But just push up on both tabs very hard. I'm leaving mine open unless we get into extreme dusty weather conditions, I don't see any harm in it. You might want to close it up when you pull into the Truck/RV wash...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I popped mine open a few weeks ago and it was difficult. But just push up on both tabs very hard. I'm leaving mine open unless we get into extreme dusty weather conditions, I don't see any harm in it. You might want to close it up when you pull into the Truck/RV wash...

That's a good point! I've had my rig washed by 2 hand-wash crews and maybe 4 Blue Beacon commercial truck washes. No ill-effects have been noted. No water dripping onto the stove/counter from the microwave. I'm sure it's possible to get the hose up in there but the likelihood is low.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Be careful with the "Steaken Beacon" they can really make a mess out of a Rig !!!! we steer clear of them out hear.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I don't see any reason to close it going down the road unless your in stormy weather.. Mine is about 10' off the ground so I'm not pulling my ladder out every trip.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With the older design, running down the road with it unsecured could result in you having to replace it. I don't need a ladder for my older one. An awning rod works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Don't think that would work on mine. I had to push up with a lot of force on both tabs with both hands. And I'm not going to be pushing any metal rods near my full body paint job