Exterior spray port curb side

emery395

Would like a suggestion on how to make it easier to insert the connector on the exterior spray port. The quick connect is so hard to push in that I basically cannot do it and if I get somebody to help me do it it’s too hard to take it out.

I tried spraying some silicone in there to loosen up anything that might be sticky but part of the problem is the port is in dented into the side of the RV and very difficult to access.

Hoping someone might have found a way of extending that port out so it’s easier to access it and take out a quick connect.

Thanks in advance

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do you have a picture of the fitting and hose you are using ??
Is it a quick connect ?

On my outside shower hose it just pushes in with one hand, you do not need to push back on the ring to install, only to remove.

If yours is that way you could rap the first 6" of your hose with something more ridged like thick tape, or cut down handlebar grip taped on there or something like that. Anything to make the hose easier to grip.

This is 3M corrosion protection tape.

Just a few ideas to get you thinking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
5da5e695cdab1738bc31ab5c48f87b8d.jpg
29d75665aee967fdf7d79f421790f644.jpg

emery395

Good idea about mating something more rigid to push on.
I also have the same port for the shower and that pushes in with minimal effort, but the other side port is much harder. Here is photo of disconnect which is at end of coiled blue hose. I did remove locking ring and examine female portion of port and all looked ok.quick connect.JPG

LBR

Try bleeding off all of the trailer water pressure and give it a try....see if that helps.