Factory Order Late Due to Quality Control Audit

Jhuff8181

Well our new Heartland was supposed to be in this week. My dealer told me it was going to be a few more days. He said it was randomly chosen for a quality control audit. Does this happen or is just telling me a story? If it does happen, is it a good thing? Will our new Heartland have a better chance of being free from defects?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
It does happen and it is a good thing. Does not mean that you still need to do a thorough pdi though. Did not look to see where you are at but still has to be delivered and issues do happen in transport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Does this mean that only randomly selected units under go quality control or is this really an audit of the thoroughness of the quality control that supposed to be performed on the line?

jayc

Legendary Member
I believe that it is- as it should be- an audit of the QC inspectors on the line.

jbeletti

In addition to QC checks on each product line, in fact, daily, some number of finished coaches are chosen to go across campus to a Audit facility where it receives additional QC checks. I have not toured the Audit facility, so I don't have any other details.

Last edited:

dbbls59

I think they should do a quality control check on all the units. Might eliminate some of the problems we are having.

donr827

I think they should do a quality control check on all the units. Might eliminate some of the problems we are having.
Would be nice but the extra cost added to the price of the trailer would be costly. I think that the QC check that they do is pretty detail. When I took a tour of the BMW factory a few years ago they would also pull a car after production and would do a detailed QC inspection that took hours to complete.Don

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I would think you should have the perfect trailer, please keep us posted after you have used it a couple of trips. I would be very interested in how things shack out on one that's been doubled checked

jbeletti

Everything found, learned, repaired at the Audit facility is fed back to the plant that produced the coaches. In this manner, a continuous improvement process has been put in place. The theory being that issues found by Audit in coaches should at some point, become non-recurring as practices improve at plants as a result of the continuous feedback.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Toy1ton, there is nothing...I mean nothing that is perfect made by a human being. Thats why pencils have erasers.

iaflatlander

everything found, learned, repaired at the audit facility is fed back to the plant that produced the coaches. In this manner, a continuous improvement process has been put in place. The theory being that issues found by audit in coaches should at some point, become non-recurring as practices improve at plants as a result of the continous feedback.

nice!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Toy1ton, there is nothing...I mean nothing that is perfect made by a human being. Thats why pencils have erasers.
When I was a kid my dad always told me that if my pencil didn't have an eraser I would learn to not make mistakes.
I now carry a large aftermarket eraser. :)

Peace
Dave

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
When I was a kid my dad always told me that if my pencil didn't have an eraser I would learn to not make mistakes.
I now carry a large aftermarket eraser. :)

Peace
Dave

Dave, That is a great point of view, my father was an engineer and he never, and I do mean never used a pencil when he worked. he always used a pencil when he would build though. What I took away from that was he never made a mistake designing but he planned for them whenever he was actually building ( IE: home repairs ) Now that I think about it, I guess he believed that his designs were always 100% but it was the execution where things changed... LOL