Faucets do not work with pump working and tank full on 3270RES.

sailsmith

Bought new Sundance 3270RES in March, 2014. I have never used the fresh water tank. We have only used the city water hookup. We are going on a longer trip this month so I have been sanitizing the tank per Heartland instructions since this is the first time we are using the fresh water tank. When I tried to pump water into the plumping it did not work. I thought all you had to do was turn the pump on and it would pull water from the fresh water tank.

Does anyone know if there is something special you have to do to switch from city water to fresh water?

danemayer

There are 2 different types of water inlet setups: one where you fill the fresh tank with a hose that you insert into the gravity fill opening. The other is a 4-way Anderson Valve where you hook up the hose as you would for city water, but set the valve to TANK in order to fill the tank. Then you change the valve to NORMAL and turn on the pump to use the fresh tank as the source. Both are described and pictured in the Water Systems Guide.

Which do you have?

brianharrison

If you have a UDC (Universal Docking Center), you will probably have a winterization valve - it may be turned to winterization which will allow the pump to draw from the winterization hose and not the fresh water tank.

Make sure it is in normal position.

Brian

Attachments

• 2011 Landmark UDC.jpg
    2011 Landmark UDC.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 29

sailsmith

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I can hear the pump running. In fact, when I first turned it on, I produced little bit of water and blew out some air. This water was evidently residue from previous use because when it was gone, nothing else came out. It is as if no water supply exist.

My docking station only has the three sewer handles, the City water intake, fresh water intake, black tank flush intake, cable tv inputs and outdoor shower. it does not have the water heater bypass or winterizing handle.

There is a diagram on a placard that shows a valve between the fresh water tank and the pump. It says this valve should be closed for winterizing and open for use. I have seen no place in or out of the trailer that looks anything like the diagram. The entire bottom of the trailer is enclosed and not accessible.

Sticking out the bottom of the trailer is a single red tube with a valve for emptying the tank. About 3 feet away to the left are two plastic tubes (one red, one blue). The red tube has a valve with handle and the blue tube has a valve with no handle.

At one time I heard water running into the water heater.

GWRam

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I can hear the pump running. In fact, when I first turned it on, I produced little bit of water and blew out some air. This water was evidently residue from previous use because when it was gone, nothing else came out. It is as if no water supply exist.

My docking station only has the three sewer handles, the City water intake, fresh water intake, black tank flush intake, cable tv inputs and outdoor shower. it does not have the water heater bypass or winterizing handle.

There is a diagram on a placard that shows a valve between the fresh water tank and the pump. It says this valve should be closed for winterizing and open for use. I have seen no place in or out of the trailer that looks anything like the diagram. The entire bottom of the trailer is enclosed and not accessible.

Sticking out the bottom of the trailer is a single red tube with a valve for emptying the tank. About 3 feet away to the left are two plastic tubes (one red, one blue). The red tube has a valve with handle and the blue tube has a valve with no handle.

At one time I heard water running into the water heater.

Your set up sounds like on our Gateway. The winterization fluid hose has a valve next to the water pump turned one way it only allows antifreeze to be drawn into the pump turned the other way in only allows water from the fresh tank to be drawn into the pump. Your valve may be turned toward winterization position. This valve on our unit is behind the UDC behind the basement wall.

danemayer

It does sound like the antifreeze suction line valve is open. If the valve control isn't in the docking center, it's probably behind the docking center. You may have to take down the rear wall of the storage compartment to gain access to the valves, water pump and other parts of the plumbing.

Once you locate the pump, on the input side you'll find a hose teed into the feed line. The other end of the hose isn't connected to anything. Somewhere on that hose you'll find the valve.

sailsmith

Thanks Danamayer. I just made some headway. I found where he water heater bypass is. I was closing up the trailer for the night and decided to remove the vent cover under the refrigerator. The back of the water was there with the plumbing for the bypass. I can see the plumbing for all the hookups in the UDC. Looks like if I find someone skinny enough to look around a wall, they may be able to see the pump somewhere back there. It would be nice to know the access points an owners needs for the specific unit he purchased.

GWRam

With your furnace intake under the frig. And the breaker panel to the right of that. Unless the bottom panel under the pantry toward the stove is removable the next best place to look is the basement wall. Your fresh water tank is directly above that drain line you mentioned before, which is forward of your water heater. Your water distribution manifold is most likely mounted behind and close to your UDC. Usually the water pump isn't far from the fresh tank or the cold water distribution manifold. Check the basement wall. Starting along side the UDC and then slightly further in. Probably a removable panel or wall section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chaplady

I have a 3270 res & the pump is located behind the basement wall. You have to remove the panel in the basement to get to it.
Bill

sailsmith

Success. Thanks all for the inputs. I found the pump behind the back wall of the basement. I opened the valve, which was closed on the line leading to the pump. I checked the water output at the faucets and still nothing. I noticed in the viewglass that water was still not flowing through to the pump. There is a line going off between the valve I opened and the pump. For lack of anything better to do, I closed the valve on this line and walla, there was immediate flow through the viewglass and the faucets. Anybody know what this line does? I have left it closed. Also had major leak in outdoor shower hose hookup inside compartment. Pulled that out of UDC and got fixed.

With a label on the door glass that the unit had been winterized, shouldn't dewinterizing have been a part of new unit make-ready in Houston,TX 6 months ago?

To tell the truth, make ready on my Sundance was not good, The first problem was being given the wrong keys when we picked it up. Imagine getting your pride and joy home the first time and you can't unlock any lock on it. Strange since most of the storage has universal keys. Many other problems that I have just had to muddle through. Slide bolt on door didn't work. Security light didn't work. Wheel under drawer in sofa broke off and caused rails to break. Sewer valves did not work, had to be replaced. Also, have had to stop on side of road to slide rubber gasket on offdoor slideout back into place several times. Finally put a spot of gorilla glue on the bottom of the gasket to hold it in. Have stopped 3 times to push vinyl back into trim that wind pulled from each side edge of bottom of front bedroom portion.

Still love the trailer as I get problems resolved.

Sumo

My last dealer de-winterizing experience was very similar. I now do my own winterizing and de-winterizing.
It's easy takes less than 15 mins and two bottles of RV anti freeze. No more Larry, Moe and Curly for me.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My last dealer de-winterizing experience was very similar. I now do my own winterizing and de-winterizing.
It's easy takes less than 15 mins and two bottles of RV anti freeze. No more Larry, Moe and Curly for me.

My dealership screwed me last year on the winterization . . .

The first year the winterization price included dewinterization in the spring . . .

Last year, I was told the same was true, but when I showed up for the dewinterization (appointment) . . . they charged me $65, and when I said that not only was last years included, but when I had it done in the fall they assured me that dewinterization was included . . . they told me that this was not the case.

Needless to say . . . that was the last time my dealership will ever see me or my Heartland Trail Runner!

That, along with jerking me around with warranty repairs until the warranty was up . . . was the final straw for them!

Just yesterday I noticed that one of their 'repairs' (three times by them) is leaking once again!

Ironically, I will be taking it right next door to my dealer for anything I need from here on out!