Fighting the Wind

SilverRhino

After spending a wonderful month in Branson, MO we spent the past two days driving home. Winds were bad yesterday and even worse today. Talking to others that were towing 5th wheels in rest stops and the campground last night about how they were being blown around brought back bad memories. I remember the white knuckle driving and stress of fighting the wind while towing with a pickup.

I did burn a little more fuel with our truck, but no white knuckles or stress. The FL performed like a champ and got us home not only safe and sound, but also in good moods and still enjoying ourselves. IMHO..... the only way to tow the heavy 5th wheels of today is with a MDT or HDT!

wonder63

We are still in Branson raining cats and dogs sometimes frogs. Delayed our departure by one day to miss all the rain leaving Wednesday to head home, then off to Florida. Had a great time in Branson always do. Told wife if an area needs rain we should go there because rain follows us. Everyone be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dean-Pam

Called our daughter in St Louis this morning and she said it has been raining heavily and the wind is getting really strong. If any are traveling east through these storms, be careful!