Filling DEF Tank

pegmikef

Since the BLUE cap is right beside the GREEN cap, now you have folks pouring BLUEDEF into the green cap and trying to put diesel into the DEF tank.

That is no joke. My tech rep at my ford dealer said the only fuel pump problem they had seen was suspected to be the reult of dumping DEF into the the fuel tank and then driving the truck with the def in the fuel.

danemayer

Those folks probably shouldn't even have a driver's license...:rolleyes:
Well...one day when you fill up at 6 PM after driving all day, and maybe you have a little cold starting, and you just got into an argument with DW, and you decide to add some DEF, you might make a mistake too. Then you'll wish you had bought that GMC that has the DEF fill under the hood. :p

lwmcguir

Due to the filler tube being just barely large enough to fit the DEF nozzle it would seem hard to make a mistake. However that has happened and will happen. How many GM's got windshield antifreeze dumped into the DEF tank? People make mistakes every day and hopefully either have the money or insurance to help get them whole again. I personally like the way Ford did it.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
That is no joke. My tech rep at my ford dealer said the only fuel pump problem they had seen was suspected to be the reult of dumping DEF into the the fuel tank and then driving the truck with the def in the fuel.

the saleskid that I was dealing with the other day didn't even know what DEF was. In fact he had never driven anything diesel eng driven in his life much less a 1 ton drw. I was out there teaching him when we were looking around.