Filling water tank issue

adcock

We recently bought a 295 2010 Big Country. Today I wanted to sanitize the water system so I added the proper bleach solution and started to fill the water tank. After 20 or 30 seconds water was already coming back out of the fresh water inlet. I thought I had the water on too hard so I adjusted the water pressure to a lower setting. No matter water pressure the water eventually starts backing up. Seems like something is blocking the hose going to the tank. The vent seems to be venting ok. Any ideas or trouble shooting ideas would be appreciated.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing that the vent really is not venting properly.
Take a short piece of hose and hold it tight to the vent hole, then huff and puff and blow the water out of the vent tube.
Then try filling once again.

Peace
Dave

Garypowell

Is it possible the tank was already full of water? Maybe the dealership thought they were doing you a favor. If the gages are not working correctly you could simply try and drain the tank(s) and see how much comes out.

Gary521

The vent is filled with water. Get a piece of plastic hose about the same size as the vent opening. Place one end on the vent opening and simply blow out the water back into the tank.

adcock

Thanks for the ideas. After emptying and refilling the tank it definitely seems like vent issue. I will try and blow it out Monday and hopefully that will help

adcock

I solved my water tank issue Yahoo. I snaked about 41/2 feet of clear 1/2 inch tubing down the water line. At some point I hit a block and worked the tube around until it seemed the hose was in or near the tank inlet. I was then able to fill it up at full pressure with zero issues. I am thinking there must be a kink in the line which is causing the water to back up. Other posts on this forum mentions the same issue.
Thanks again for the help.

funntheson

I had to reroute my fill house behind the storage bulkhead. It dropped straight down to the floor of the trailer, then made a 90 degree turn, this not allowing the water to flow. I went in and taped it off at a better angle, and it has worked great ever since.

123camper

Or fill line goes over the slide out rails and sags in between the rails. After 2 trips to the dealer (110 miles each way) with them rerouting the vent line out the bottom (I had to put a valve on the vent line to keep from losing my water during travel) I took a small piece of hose put a female hose connector on one end slip the other end over my drain line and fill my tank.

LaurieK

I can't believe this is still a problem!! We had this issue in 2007 along with many other people on the Forum! I remember posting how my husband solved the problem when the air vent hose gets water in it. This should be fixed in manufacturing!

Lynn1130

Be very careful about filling at full pressure. If the tank reaches max volume and you miss it the tank will expand. That pops brace straps and expands connections at the tank which then causes leaks and the security of the tank(s). Not to mention the possibility of damaging the tank. Ask me how I know:(