Fire Place Fix

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
First let me give my opinion that Heartland products are top notch and a lot of the small problems we have would not be there if our highways were in better shape. I've drove on roads that are comparable to Fort Hood tank trails. JMHO.

To start with the fire place would bounce of the mount while traveling because it wasn't seating on the mounting bracket. Tech at RV Capital adjusted it so that it would seat but it left a large gap at the top. Guess what, this gap would allow the unit to bounce up and off the mount while traveling as well. So I fashioned a board to fill it in but it looked like doo doo.

So here is what I come up with.

DSC00265.jpgDSC00266.jpg

The pistol was carved by one of Stacy's uncles and her grandma gave it to me the other day so we have decorated in a western motif I designed the faux mantel and hearth around it.

My sis-in-law builds furniture so I have quite the extensive wood shop at my disposal while I'm here. This is also the first time I've done anything like this that when I started there was still bark on the lumber. Best of all, I have $0.00 invested in this.

DW really likes it but she says that one more thing up there will put that area over the top LOL!