Fireplace Y or N

hoefler

For us, no. I used the pre-wiring for a dedicated circuit for our space heater. $20 1500w heater puts out more heat than the fire place for the same power consumption. Takes up allot less space as well.

DavidIley

Have used my fireplace on Bighorn 3055RL all the time, especially in the evenings while watching TV as it takes the chill off. Use furnace in mornings to bring room temp up to acceptable level. As for cabinet space, the Bighorn has lots and the extra space from "no fireplace" is not necessary.

bradforx

We ordered our 3055RL with the fireplace, my wife insisted. We both love it and it supplies us with most of the heat we use, we rarely use our furnace. Since we are full-timers I don't know where else we could hang our Christmas stockings.

rvn4fun

We have the fireplace, it has worked well for us. I like the fact that it has it's own electrical circuit, this allows us to run two other electric space heaters to stay warm when needed. In campgrounds that have metered electricity we fall back to heating with propane and wear lots of sweaters. As far as losing space for storage you will find that the rv has more storage room then it can safely haul anyway.

collindo

I figured it was one of those luxury items that would just look good but was a little over the top in an RV. My present trailer however came with one and boy do I really enjoy it. Apart from the ambience of having it on in the evening. I don't have to carry another portable space heater for those times in the spring and fall when I just need something to take the morning chill off.
Doug.

Cimriver

Old topic but decided to comment anyway.

I just installed a fireplace in our Elkridge. I didn't order it new, but after seeing the fireplaces at the RV show in January, we decided to go ahead and add one. The installation was fairly easy as we figured out the model number Heartland uses (Dimplex DF2608) and installed it in the same spot they do. It also was prewired with a dedicated 15 AMP outlet. I am sure we will get lots of use out of it.

Birchwood

I installed a 1500 W fireplace in our Landmark the second year we owned the RV.It gets rid of space heaters sitting around the room.
We spend our winters in Florida so its much needed in December and January.Actually its March 7 and we used it this morning to
nip that Florida chill.

sgtbigb

Yea for sure, recently got up in the morning inside temp 50 degrees, one hour later with Fireplace 70 degrees:=)

shovelguy

Wouldn't be without ours. Heats the living area quite nicely and it so nice to look at on stormy days at the coast.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes. When temps outside are in the 40's, we put the fireplace near the lowest setting with the furnace at 68. With that setup, the furnace hardly ever comes on to keep the trailer at around 68. Saves a ton of propane.

rpkeida

Alaska Wilderness
Without any reservation - YES. See all of the above positive comments, and I agree with all of them. Will not order another 5thwheel without it.