Fireplace Y or N

shelsay

Absolutely yes. Didn't think I would like it as much as I do. We would run a space heater anyway--but now we have the great ambiance. Go for it!!

irogeo

We just got our Augusta and ordered with the fireplace. It was cool the nights we were at the service center and used it every night. We are both so glad we ordered with it. Both for the heat on the chilly mornings and nights but the look of the fire too.

archbarb

We thought at first yes:confused:, then decided no:confused:, we had rather have the extra cabinet for storage. We live in and area that has mild winters, and we found a ceramic heater is all we need to keep the chill off on cool mornings. Now if we lived in a cold climate area, or traveled in the northern states alot, we might have had one installed.

Archie

PSF513

When we considered buying a 2011 BH, a fireplace was not on my list of "must haves". My DW, although agreeing in concept that it was not critical, made sure I understood it was on her desired list. Well, the one we purchased has a fireplace. I must say that it does a good job of taking the edge off on a cool morning and, by accident, we left ours on all morning and the temp in the unit rose from 62 - 78 on an overcast day.

I guess I will say that I am glad we got it.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We were not favorable to having a fireplace in our coach, but ours came equipped with one, so; now we love it. The last few mornings have been a little cool here in North Mississippi and the fireplace chases the chill and creates a nice comfy atmosphere. I say do it.

Gaffer

Love ours. Would do it again in a heartbeat. These rigs have tons of storage.I can't imagine using it all up.

Absolutely YES. Thought it was kind of corny but the saleman talked us into it. It is nice in the evening to relax and view while watching tv even though we know its a fake BUT don't forget you can heat on the governments dime at Federal campgounds. And 1500 watts is a lot of heat.

grizzlygiant

If I filled all the storage space in my BH my truck could not pull it. We LOVED our fireplace and miss it in our smaller Sundance.

ihsolutions

I guess it depends when you will be doing your camping. We ordered our 3670RL this past spring and I skipped the fireplace, I thought it was too expensive and just a frivolous option. But as we got into the cold fall mornings I always had to fire up the space heater. A fireplace definitely would have been nicer.

One option is to install one later. Heartland charges a bundle for the fireplace option, and you can most certainly add one later for cheaper. I did verify, while at the factory, they DO run the wiring for one whether you order it or not. So it should be a simple upgrade down the road.

We store our crock-pot and some other stuff we use a lot in the cabinet where the fireplace goes.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had always said no way. A waste of money. Until someone told me that the furnace uses my propane and the fireplace uses their electric. Sounds like money in the bank to me. We dont have one yet but once we finally do get to orders our unit it will deffinately have one.

JJnLilly

It was what made the deal for my DW on our Greystone. Have not really had many opportunities to use it yet, but we are sure we will this winter on our Florida jaunt. Do wonder what is hidden in the spaces behind the fireplace and TV mount though. We are having to find new locations to carry our books, laptop and printer as there is not the same amount of interior storage (other than the big closet) as in our old cougar.

lizzymit

We have a Bighorn 3610RE and use the fireplace all the time. Great to warm up the coach in the morning without the gas heater blowing away. Also since it is electric it reduces our propane heating bill.

bacaye

We would vote yes too. This is our first one and have used it more than we thought. Your cabinet will not keep your warm so just get rid of some things you really do not need!!!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
I did not want one to begin with...but the wife did. Although we had wanted more storage the unit we purchased came with one and now we will not do without! One better is to add a second air with a heat strip. We now have the fp to take out the chill in the living area and the heat strip the bedroom.

DRGalligher

We too have a fireplace in our 3055RL and really glad we do. We took our first trip for three weeks to the West Yellowstone area in late September, into October and the nights were cold. We used the fireplace every morning to take the chill off. We would end up turning it off because it got too warm inside. Love it. Great way to warm up and save on propane.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We would not be without it after having one. First week of November in DC we comfortably used it as our sole heat source. It sure was nice to move the campfire inside Gus & Debra's Landmark when the outside temps dropped in the 30's. Many on the forum that did not have a factory install have since installed them but it is a personal choice. Enjoy whatever you decide!