First Alert Safe

Go-Fly

Our new trailer came with batteries in the safe combo box and the by pass key missing. Anyone know what the factory sets the code at to open it. I think the key is inside? Dealer will not return phone calls or emails. I think they are having problems with Heartland.

Go-Fly

Did you check the blue bag of manuals that should have come with your unit for the key? This is link to owners manual for the safe and just a quick glance did not see a code to open it.

Jim M
Checked the manual bag for keys to start with. I can see were the bag with the owners manual was torn open to remove the keys to install the safe. The two knob keys are there but not the master key and the electronic lock is on. I was hoping the factory used the key to open the safe to install it, left the key inside with a 123b code or something. I've been through ever paper in that folder and there is no master key. We are the first owners of this rig.

P

jimtoo

I don't think the factory installs the batteries or anything. If you have not called, I would call your dealer and ask them about a code or think simple if you have not yet tried it and just use 1111 or 1234.

Jim M

Garypowell

If your dealer is having trouble with Heartland it might be because they have terrible after sale service. HL is generally excellent. Dealers are notoriously poor on service.

I would get in touch with HL directly and establish a relationship. If you are new to this game be aware that HL will allow you to use independent service companies.

when you need help to fix things you can go that route or HL will ship you parts and you fix yourself. I've had a few problems and always fix it myself. Exception is last week HL in Elkhart fixed a frame problem for free.

danemayer

It does sound like the resolution of this problem will be with your dealer. Of course this is a busy time of year for dealers, and even in slow times, many dealers aren't all that responsive. But most likely someone at the dealership took the key out and used it to set up the safe. So they should be able to resolve this for you. If codes like 1-1-1-1 and 1-2-3-4 don't work, you'll have to keep after them.

SNOKING

Try the last four of your Vin number maybe? Call to dealer would verify what they do as a standard maybe. Or there was a clown envolved. Chris