FIXED: Issues with SouthCo Wireless Entry Lock

I am new to this forum. I have an 2012 Landmark San antonio and we have been having issues with the door lock since it was new. It is an intermittent problem but now it has stopped all together. I hear no cycling of the lock or unlock system when we try to operate it. I have cleaned the contacts on the door jamb but it still doesn't work? Lubing the door latch used to help but not anymore. Any suggestions?
SCCtraveler

jbeletti

Re: Issues with SouthCo Wireless Entry Lock

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your lock issue. From your description, this is a lock that is built-into the door and has a long narrow keypad to the left of the door. That would be a SouthCo lock system. Quite honestly, this system is no longer offered by Heartland and is likely out of warranty.

Most owners with that lock that failed has replaced it with the RVLock system.

In case you wish to contact SouthCo about your current lock, here's there info:
SouthCo (Keyless Entry)
303-561-4900
SouthCo's Website
eMail SouthCo

danemayer

Hi SCCtraveler,

Wow! You might have set the record for how long a Southco Keyless Entry can last. I think mine went 4 years, and I thought I had the record. But I did have to replace both the transmitter and receiver along the way.

Have you changed the battery in the keypad unit? You have to pry it off and take out the tiny screws on the back. Use double sided fender tape to stick it back in place.

If a new battery doesn't get you going, consider getting an RVLock 4.0. That's what I have now and it's much better than the Southco.

I cleaned the contacts on the jamb side of the door with a fine grit nail polisher and it works just fine now! The contacts get tarnished since they are brass colored. Thanks for the quick response.
SCCtraveler

I want to thank you for your quick response. I fixed it again! The contacts on the jamb side of the door were corroded again. I just used a small piece of my wife's nail file and cleaned it up a bit to make it work again.
Thanks again!
SCCtraveler

jbeletti

Happy to hear you've resolved this already! It shows that you're handy, which is always a good thing being a homeowner, mobile or otherwise.

Thank you for your contribution to the forum!

Are you a full-timer? Where do you spend most of your time? Have you considered coming to a Heartland Owners Club rally? So many people with so many experiences - it's a great way to not only make friends but share fixes, modifications, travel plans etc.

Happy to hear you've resolved this already! It shows that you're handy, which is always a good thing being a homeowner, mobile or otherwise.

Thank you for your contribution to the forum!

Are you a full-timer? Where do you spend most of your time? Have you considered coming to a Heartland Owners Club rally? So many people with so many experiences - it's a great way to not only make friends but share fixes, modifications, travel plans etc.
My wife and I have been full timer rver's since we picked up our special ordered Landmark on Feb 2, 2012. We travel the US for our jobs doing Natural Gas Leak Surveying for Southern Cross Inc. We really like it because we are getting paid to see our beatific country and are blessed to meet some of the neatest people.
SCCtraveler

jbeletti

My wife and I have been full timer rver's since we picked up our special ordered Landmark on Feb 2, 2012. We travel the US for our jobs doing Natural Gas Leak Surveying for Southern Cross Inc. We really like it because we are getting paid to see our beatific country and are blessed to meet some of the neatest people.
SCCtraveler

I have good club member friends that also did the same job you're doing.