Flat EMCO spings

Ok, I may be the first. I've researched about every post here on all the spring issues everyone has had. I have a 2012 Heartland Sundance RK3000 (rear kitchen) with 2 slides.
Made several trips up I-95, I-75, and I-10 since getting new and started noticing a real bad sag on the slider side (driver's side) a while back. Now its just horrible.
After researching here, I checked the tag on the flattened springs and expected to see Lippert's. To my surprise they are stamped EMCO 72-26 CB0.
So, the only thing I can think of is that they were way to small to begin with. Honesty, after the first trip to Michigan to pick it up and drive back to Florida, the 5th wheel never looked straight. The very first time I parked it, I needed to pull up on blocks (driver's side) for it to be level. We have about 10,000 miles on it and the ride height difference is now 2".
On a flat level surface its 20 1/2"on the driver's side and 22 1/2" on the passenger side. The EMCO's appear to be much flatter on the one side.

So, now I am thinking I should upgrade to the EMCO 72-27 3500# or EMCO 72-79 4000# springs. 2 questions:

1. How can it be that everyone complains about Lippert and swears on using the USA EMCO springs, yet I have the same problem w/the EMCO springs going flat just like the Lippert?
As far as I can tell, the both are cheap if I need to replace the EMCO after only 10,000 miles and 2 years of wear-and-tear.
2. Is there any real "danger" in getting springs that are supposed to hold way more than the one's Heartland installed? Or, did their engineers get it wrong to begin with?
I have a rear kitchen where there is obviously way more stress to the rear and passenger side. My 2 sliders, sofa-bed, dinette, fridge, bathroom vanity, and shower are all on the driver's side. There is next to no weight at all on the passenger side other than the stove, microwave and awning. I am much heavier on the driver's side, yet I have EMC 72-26's on both sides.

brianharrison

1. I am not sure if Lippert makes springs, or if they use springs from many suppliers - they could have been Emco from factory.
2. No real danger of getting springs heavier than factory - the ride might be a little "tighter" ie not as much spring travel, with your installation.

Note - if you know you are off balance with weight distribution, try to compensate by loading heavy cargo on the lighter side. Not much else you can do....

Hope this helps,
Brian

PS you are not the first - there are many instances of springs going flat and being replaced with new similar new ones, or upgraded spring packs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Been there with sagging Lippert springs and a possible bent axle back in 2011, around the 1 year mark. Replaced with higher rated axles and higher rated EMCO springs, and have not had spring or axle issues since.

I would gather that your EMCOs are under-performing for the load/usage they have seen.

I would also check your weight -- individual wheel weights would be ideal, so you could even out the load.

Can you post a picture of both sides, so we know what it looks like?

You might also call Heartland, (have your VIN handy), to make sure you were equipped with the proper running gear.