Flourescent light shades

2010augusta

in 2+ years of full-time use none of ours have cracked. Today I had to replace both bedroom fixtures because one would not turn on and the other was becoming flaky.

DougS

Doug S
I also have 2 fluorescent lights with cracked shades in a 2011 Grand Canyon. I keep forgetting to call Heartland. Welcome back light and kitchen. I guess I should check all of them.

bdb2047

Lights are working fine. I noticed crack in 1 light and when I rmoved shade it came off in 3 pieces.Looked at rest of lights and can see cracks in 4 other lights.I will call tomorrow and see if they will replace under warranty only 4 months old.

Birchwood

Just checked our 09 Pinehurst and didn't see any cracks.We only replaced one when it fell on top of the slide
and crunched it when opening.Scary sound until we realized what it was.Now I always check the shades before
opening the slides.Just received a new one($21.00) from Heartland and I must say their parts department
and shipping is excellent.

Willym

We had to get 3 diffusers replaced last year, and I'll be looking to my dealer to replace a couple more under warranty this spring when I get home. This seems to be a problem on a number of 2011's. The cut ends of the diffusers appear to have flaws in them which cause cracks to propagate.

DougS

Doug S
I also have 2 fluorescent lights with cracked shades in a 2011 Grand Canyon. I keep forgetting to call Heartland. Welcome back light and kitchen. I guess I should check all of them.

I just got off the phone with Heartland and was told shades are not covered. Has anyone else got any positive results? I have a call into my dealer.

I guess light shades are not part of the RV.

DougS

Doug S
I just got off the phone with Heartland and was told shades are not covered. Has anyone else got any positive results? I have a call into my dealer.

I guess light shades are not part of the RV.

I posted too fast. My dealer called Heartland, shades for lights are on the way.

bdb2047

I know this is old just a little bit of an update.Took camper to dealer for a list of warranty work.Called dealer today and they tell me Heartland says shades/lens are not cover because they were not noted at PDI.Kind of a dissappointment this seams to be different from Heartland respose I have heard of on here.Dealer says they will talk to them again.If someone is getting a unit w/flourscent lites have dealer take shades off to look at.I had to get a ladder and look at lites to find some of cracks but they got worse

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Some times it helps if the customer calls Heartland directly. I would give them a call and explain the situation. You have nothing to loose by making that call.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

bdb2047

I had called before I went to dealer,explained issue I thought it would be to everyones advantage for me to chage out.They wanted it to be done by dealer which I can understand.I will call again!

Willym

All of my shades had cracks, some were replaced after my first voyage last year. The rest the dealer replaced, or rather gave me replacements, recently. Some of these have cracks starting now. this seems to be a systemic problem. These covers crack over time, and may well look perfectly good at PDI time. I'm sure that my dealer will step up to the plate should these covers continue to crack.

bdb2047

I called Heartland and talked to warranty explained concern he still insisted if it wasn't noted at PDI no warranty.I said that was a disappointment and asked if possible to talk to someone else.He then asked for pictures trailer at dealers so I could not do that.He called dealer for more infoand pictures.Called me back in a short time and said dealer,Wilkins RV, had contacted supplier and lites would be taken care of.Hearlands response is still a disappoint the minimum should have been to refer dealer to supplier and not say they were not covered.For me it is a 1-2 week delay in having camper back.Over all very happy w/camper no regrets on purchase!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I had one cracked (welcome back). Called Heartland and they gladly shipped me one at no cost. Would be interested in knowing who turned you down.

Willym

I called Heartland and talked to warranty explained concern he still insisted if it wasn't noted at PDI no warranty.I said that was a disappointment and asked if possible to talk to someone else.He then asked for pictures trailer at dealers so I could not do that.He called dealer for more infoand pictures.Called me back in a short time and said dealer,Wilkins RV, had contacted supplier and lites would be taken care of.Hearlands response is still a disappoint the minimum should have been to refer dealer to supplier and not say they were not covered.For me it is a 1-2 week delay in having camper back.Over all very happy w/camper no regrets on purchase!
I don't see the logic of saying that if it was not noted at PDI, then no warranty. Maybe I'm missing something here, but what does it matter? The diffusers are still defective. They may also have been OK at the time of the PDI, or have very small cracks that would be hard to see.