Ford rules :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I hope you were thanked by that person. From a Chevy Dually owner. Will never own a new Ford.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Yes they did thank us. As a matter of fact they brought over a Christmas gift box of candy canes for us today. The were very grateful. BTW I am just teasing about which is the better truck. They are all good now. Didn't used to be the case though.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Boy am I one lucky guy, Ford F350 Dually and a John Deere tractor 2520. I got it all, loader, backhoe, York rake and snow blower. Nothing left to do but wait for the call to help out.:cool:

John T Bettencourt

If Ford would bring back the 7.3 motor and put more power to it,then Ford could be a good diesel truck once again. Until then just stay away from it.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
If Ford would bring back the 7.3 motor and put more power to it,then Ford could be a good diesel truck once again. Until then just stay away from it.

Because the 7.3 made no power that is the reason it was somewhat a ok engine. Push 400hp 800ftlbs out of it to keep up with the modern engines and you will have a big ole of pile junk.

HEUI injectors was a horrible idea when thinking about making real power. 2007 was the turning point for Ford with diesels. That was when they went to a HP Common Rail injection. Their (Navistar) engine were worth something.

There is a reason you don't see many old 7.3's on the road these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I just wish Ford would make a truck that didn't always look like it was overloaded when hauling a trailer.

Really, One picture is with 3000lb lbs in the bed and the other is Empty. No air bags and no over load springs

Dodge and Chevy have always had a weaker spring rate in the leafs vs Ford. Even though I own a Ford I think Dodge is a better built pickup but Ford at the moment has a better weight handling rear suspension.

a9abapad.jpg

negu6e2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

scottyb

The 7.3 was bulletproof by most standards. It was under powered by today's standards but comparable to everyone else's in it's time. I ran 400K, my wife another 200K, and our company somewhere north of a million miles. We had zero engine failures. Unfortunately, they could not meet the EPA's emission standards and went the way of many good commercial diesel engines over the years.

I never owned a 6.0 and the company only has one 6.4, but I have to say the 6.7 seems like it may be the best diesel ever, in a Ford.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It was an article in Yahoo online. I read it. It basically said it was too heavy and overpowered for most people to be an everyday driver. In other words, it had all the qualities we trailer pullers want and need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

The new Ford F-250 with the 6.7 motor made the top 10 list of worst vehicles to own. Look it up on line if you have any doubts.
I saw this in USA Today. It was listed as "worst value" with the 6.7: citing one of the Japanese models as the better choice. Not really a valid comparison.

MTPockets

The actual artical was written by Consumer Reports, then summarized in various newspapers. Here is the exact words from Consumer Reports Worst Values:

"The F-250 is best suited for towing or hauling heavy loads, but handling is very clumsy even for a heavy-duty pickup truck. The ride is stiffer and snappier than in the F-150's, but slightly better than in some heavy-duty competitors. The 6.7-liter V8 is mated to a six-speed automatic. The high floor makes access difficult. Convenience items include built-in controls for proportional braking when towing a trailer. The very low emergency-handling scores and below average reliability prevent us from recommending the F-250."

Interesting this says the ride is stiffer and snappier but better than some HD competitors.. I would count that a plus. Anyway, I agree with the tag line - Ford Rules

scottyb

"The F-250 is best suited for towing or hauling heavy loads, but handling is very clumsy even for a heavy-duty pickup truck. The ride is stiffer and snappier than in the F-150's, but slightly better than in some heavy-duty competitors. The 6.7-liter V8 is mated to a six-speed automatic. The high floor makes access difficult. Convenience items include built-in controls for proportional braking when towing a trailer. The very low emergency-handling scores and below average reliability prevent us from recommending the F-250."

All the attributes I look for in a truck. Where do they get below average reliability? "Slightly better than some heavy-duty competitors" Both of them? Sounds like someone who's looking for a truck to haul off the leaves from their yard or bring some 2 x 4's home from Lowes. The fact that they are comparing a F250 with a F150 says it all

lwmcguir

There is a lot of biased BS on the WEB. Also a lot of left leaning crap in many articles that aren't supposed to be biased.