Ford rules :)

dave10a

seems like CU has given the 2014 Ford F250 6.7 a bad review while in past issues rating in 2011, 2012 and 2013 they put the 6.7 ahead of GM and Dodge. I looks as though Ford has messed up in 2014. Dodge is the truck that has promise for 2014. Them's the hazards and it pays to keep ones eyes open because things change which is the law of the universe :)

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
seems like CU has given the 2014 Ford F250 6.7 a bad review while in past issues rating in 2011, 2012 and 2013 they put the 6.7 ahead of GM and Dodge. I looks as though Ford has messed up in 2014. Dodge is the truck that has promise for 2014. Them's the hazards and it pays to keep ones eyes open because things change which is the law of the universe :)

I haven't seen the article yet but DPM has completed the big three challenge again for the 2014 models. Though this year they put the F450 against the Dodge 3500 (Due to it being the closes to the Dodge GCWR) And it walked all over the F450. I believe the Dodge beat the F450 in the towing challenge by a minute while pulling up a grade.

Looking forward to seeing the write up.

But regardless each one will pull everything we have to offer very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Hoosier Wolverine

As an old retired, worn out, Chrysler engineer I'm biased, of course, but I remain loyal to the brand I know best. It's hard to beat the Ram-Cummins combo with an automatic transmission. Happy New Year all.
John

dave10a

I haven't seen the article yet but DPM has completed the big three challenge again for the 2014 models. Though this year they put the F450 against the Dodge 3500 (Due to it being the closes to the Dodge GCWR) And it walked all over the F450. I believe the Dodge beat the F450 in the towing challenge by a minute while pulling up a grade.

Looking forward to seeing the write up.

But regardless each one will pull everything we have to offer very well.

I read the write up in Diesel magazine and it was an embarrasment for Ford. This is another reason why competition is a good thing. I bought the Ford in 2012 because it had the most modern design and capabilities in that year over both Dodge and GM. When I get ready to trade my present truck I will get who ever has the best engineering and capabilities at that time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: Ford rules :) . . . NOT!

Over the years I've never owned a GM truck (although about half of the vehicles I've owned were GM products), three Ford trucks and six Dodge trucks . . .

Although I did learn to pull travel trailers at the ripe young age of 12 in a 1972 Chevy pickup!

My current daily driver car is a 2010 Chevy Cobalt . . . nice little car (I call it my 'Poor man's Porche' and has garnered me two speeding tickets in the last year costing me over $400 - DOH! :mad: ).

ChevyCobaltInMountainsFront-P2150238.jpg

I have to say that the Dodge trucks have served me well!

My current 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 is now the vehicle that I have owned the longest out of any vehicle I have ever owned in my entire 54-year life on this planet of ours!

She is starting to get a little tired (I would be too after towing a big trailer in the mountains for years) . . .

I had a Dodge 1-ton van before my current truck that had a short life (only owned it for four months) . . . I got rear-ended while waiting for a red light which destroyed the van (ironically, a Ford F150 4x4 hit me).

That van was a trailer-hauling beast!

It pulled our old 1978 Coachman 24-foot travel trailer without issue through the mountains or anywhere we wanted to go with it!

Before that . . . a 1987 B-250 Dodge cargo van that had 40,000 miles on it when I bought it, and 202,000 miles on it when I sold it 13 years ago . . . still had the original motor, tranny and exhaust system on in, and as far as I know it is still roaming the streets of Aurora, Colorado (last time I saw it on the road was a little over a year ago).

The three Ford trucks I've owned (two vans and one Ford Bronco II) . . . one of the vans was the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned, the other van was an Aerostar cargo van, which was a very nice van, but was also destroyed less than a year after I bought it in a rear-ender while waiting for a red light (must be my curse), and the Bronco II, which was one of my top three favorite vehicles that I've ever owned, but just seemed to love being in the repair shop at $1000+ a pop each and every time it needed to see the car doctor (which was very frequently).

Now, in my current 1996 Dodge Ram I've been rear-ended three times, and each time not a scratch, but destroyed the front end of each vehicle that hit me!

The only dents I have are from shopping carts and one on the rear bumper from my 2013 Trail Runner where I bumped up against my trailer while parking the truck in our yard and hitting the ball coupling on the front of the trailer too hard!

And, other than brakes and normal maintainence (like new shocks, front-end parts and u-bolts) . . . the only repairs I've had to do was a new water pump, radiator and catalytic converter, although right now I am trying to figure out why the 4-wheel drive is not working at the moment.

And I remember when I bought it that all of the pundits told me that my tranny and motor would die at or before 60,000 miles . . . but right now it has 161,000 miles on the original motor . . . the original tranny . . . the original exhaust system . . . all pulling a big trailer!

TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg

I've had the best of luck with Dodge trucks over the years . . .

My wife claims that I love my current Dodge truck more than I do her . . . DOH! :eek:

Anyway . . . I will be buying a new truck in the next year or two and am looking at all of the brands . . . Ford . . . Chevy . . . GMC . . . Toyota Tundra . . . and RAM!

So far, RAM is my still favorite . . . but I do have an open mind and will give all brands a good look!

Still . . . I think I will end up with a Dodge RAM over a GM or Ford ('F'ed 'O'ver 'R'ebuilt 'D'odge :p ).

But . . . I do like the new Ford trucks that I've looked at recently . . . so you never know!

GOTTOYS

Minus 15 degrees actual temp last night....My Dodge had been sitting outside for about 6 hours, not plugged in. Hit the auto-start button and it started right up and it's a diesel!...I've had cars that wouldn't do that not very many years ago. I'm thinking ANY of these new trucks are worth owning, no matter what brand...Happy New Year!...Don

dave10a

Please remember that the Dodge Ford performance test was between a 3500 and F450 which is a marketing trick to build a 3500 to 4500 specs. However the Dodge power train out performed the Ford with the improved Cummins engine but Dodge had a lighter frame. Maybe they should have decreased the pulling weight of the Ford to make the combined weights even. Ford has increased the power in the 2015 6.7 with a larger turbo and beefier Trany to match the power. Maybe Ford and GM will match the trick of Dodge by calling the F450 a F350. Or maybe Ford and GM think that is dishonest marketing. The thing to keep track of is the details behind the trucks. I suspect the in the next design cycle for GM and Ford they will out perform the Dodge without a marketing trick. Competition is how the public really wins. One only looses when the are stuck in a certain brand.

scottyb

I've owned many Fords and one GM. The GM was as good as any Ford I have owned. I had never considered owning a Dodge, but now I wouldn't mind owning one. I may jump off into one of their 1500 3.0 diesels after they shake down all the 1st year issues.

caissiel

For the past 50 years I have known that Dodge/Fargo trucks had the best power train.
The rest of the truck did not sell.
The 70'S Body never changed till 93.
Maybe Ram has learn to finally market the product.
I have owned all kinds of vehicles and its after 5 to 10 years or 100k miles of ownership that I felt the difference.
I always bought on price and the frills are the first to fail in my experience.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

MTPockets

If I read it right, Fiat will own Chrysler effective Jan 20th. Apparently they had a 42 percent stake since 2009, but now will have it all.

dave10a

for political reason I find it hard to justify their products. The only vote I have is my feet :)

lwmcguir

Unfortunately most folks are going to vote and buy based on the pocket book and not the future of their country.

dave10a

Which one of these would like to be pulled out with. The horse or the ugliest car on the planet:)fiat.jpgBuggy rig1.jpg

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Please remember that the Dodge Ford performance test was between a 3500 and F450 which is a marketing trick to build a 3500 to 4500 specs. However the Dodge power train out performed the Ford with the improved Cummins engine but Dodge had a lighter frame. Maybe they should have decreased the pulling weight of the Ford to make the combined weights even. Ford has increased the power in the 2015 6.7 with a larger turbo and beefier Trany to match the power. Maybe Ford and GM will match the trick of Dodge by calling the F450 a F350. Or maybe Ford and GM think that is dishonest marketing. The thing to keep track of is the details behind the trucks. I suspect the in the next design cycle for GM and Ford they will out perform the Dodge without a marketing trick. Competition is how the public really wins. One only looses when the are stuck in a certain brand.

Ford is very guilty of the Misleading Marketing BS. There is a video on YouTube with all three 2014 models competing. Ford won with the F350. They won because they put a F350 with 4.30 gears against a Dodge 800ftlb (not the 850) and with 68RFE trans rather then the updated Aisin mated to the 850ftlb engine. Then DPM does their own test and Dodge blows the doors off of everybody. Typically Ford wins in the DPM Big Three Challenge. That is the least bit bias competition. .

Dodges 3500 is not even close to a 4500 model. Frame and axles are much smaller then what is found in the Dodge 4500.

Here is the Video that Ford produced
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYFQ3np02Q&desktop_uri=/watch?v=MDYFQ3np02Q