Fresh Water Fill (Poor Design)

bigbird272

I just went to put more water in my fresh water tank. Problem is that I can hardly put any in before it comes back out of the top of the filler. The dealer during pdi shortened the fill tube but it still will take next to no water. I only have 1/3 of a tank and can't seem to get any more in. I know I am not the only one who has this problem. An obvious poor design by the factory. It is tough to make water run up hill and when I look behind the docking station it appears that is what I have, the fill tube runs up hill before it runs down into the water holding tanks. Anyone have a fix?

Rick

Riverman

I believe some other with the same problem have been able to remedy the situation by blowing back to the tank on the vent line - this clears out any water caught in a low spot of the vent line. Once the water blockage is out of the vent line, you will probably be able to fill at full speed...til the next time

ChopperBill

If you can see the fill hose and it is running up hill cant you just cut it off a tad bit? I went through all the compartments and shorted hoses and wires. When I was done I could have built another Bighorn with what was left.:D

bigbird272

I am unable to cut it any shorter. I have solved the problem. I got a 5 ft piece of of flexible hose and shoved it in the fill pipe. I managed to fill it totally which allowed all the air in the tank to purge. All is ok now.

Rick

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here is another thread about the same subject. You might view it for additional information.

Water Tank Filling

BC