Fresh water holding tank

trumanr

I have a major backflow when attempting to fill the freshwater holding tank in my 2008 Big Country. Any solutions?

MC9

I use a small piece of hose to blow in the vent screen and always clears the vent allowing air out. Try it couldn't hurt.

trumanr

Thanks, It did turn out to be my vent hose. I appreciate the help. 18 years of rving and I had never had that occur before.

boatdoc

It's going to happen again!!! The installer at the factory has a hard time tying up the vent hose to the floor and it settles down below the level of the vent and just gets water back in it. You can do the hose trick with the vent or get under the trailer and drop down the covering and tie the hose up where it should have been in the first place. Do a search and you'll find all the reading you want on "filling the fresh water tank".

jnbhobe

Same here I did as Bob said get in under it and tie the vent line up no more problems. Jon

buckeyebob

mine wouldnt vent and the dealer removed the obstruction in my vent line by blowing into it.they also took a saw and cut my underbelly almost all the way accross !!!!!they then taped it up,which lasted untill right after they went out of bussiness!!!!now i get to retape it semi monthly or whatever.it was under warranty at the time but now i have a unsecure underbelly .i didnt notice this untill tape let go a year later,i also wonder what the obstruction was that they blew back into the freshwater tank ,and when it will plug intake and drain.buckeyebob

ChopperBill

mine wouldnt vent and the dealer removed the obstruction in my vent line by blowing into it.they also took a saw and cut my underbelly almost all the way accross !!!!!they then taped it up,which lasted untill right after they went out of bussiness!!!!now i get to retape it semi monthly or whatever.it was under warranty at the time but now i have a unsecure underbelly .i didnt notice this untill tape let go a year later,i also wonder what the obstruction was that they blew back into the freshwater tank ,and when it will plug intake and drain.buckeyebob
Go to Home D or Lowes and get some NASHUA deluxe flashing tape. It is about 7 inchs wide in a roll. You have to take the paper off the sticky side. Clean the area with some brake cleaner or such and before you put it on. Becareful because it will stick to its self and ruin it. If you do it right it wont come off.