Fresh Water In Underbelly

Barry Crocker

My wife and I own a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon.

On October 3rd after filling the fresh water tank, I noticed that the underbelly membrane was sagging significantly and some water was leaking near the left forward wheel.

My friend and I pulled down a portion of the membrane and discovered a all of the insulation was soaking wet and a lot of water was in the belly.

I then made an appointment with Quality RV Repair in Springfield, OR where we delivered the rig on October 9th for repair.

On the 11th, we were told that the neck of the fresh water tank had been rubbing against the frame which caused a hole in the fill neck. So, every time I filled the tank some water leaked down into the belly. Of course, the leak progressively got worse until the amount of water leaking causing the membrane to sag.

The mechanic that worked on our trailer determined that the cause of the damage was due to improper installation of the tank during manufacture.

I would like to correspond with others that have experienced this problem

danemayer

Hi Barry,

Sorry to hear about your water tank problem. Although a few people have had problems with their fresh tanks leaking, it's mostly been on toy haulers where there are 2 fresh tanks with a hose connecting them. Over the past three years, I don't recall anyone posting about the exact problem you're having.

Fortunately, insulation is inexpensive and easy to replace once the coroplast is down. Has the tech determined if you'll need a new tank or if the neck can be repaired?