fresh water level sensor cyclone 3010 2013

vgstef

Hi i just purchase a brand new unit 3010 2013. I have a issue whit the level sensor for the fresh water tk. The dealer say they can not do any thing about it. when fiiling the tk from empty after 3 minute the sensor goes from empty to full and the i know the tk is not full and i do not get any ready in between the empty and full. The dealer mention that cyclone is using 2 fresh water tand and the sensor are interferring between the two.

Any help will be appriciated.

Steven

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steven, I wish I could give you a better reply but the sensors used in fresh water tanks and waste holding tanks are problematic throughout the industry. Your dealer just may not want to mess with them. I would call Heartland and ask them to intervene. Have your VIN handy.
The fresh water tank sensors are usually the more accurate of all the tanks because they stay clean. The waste tank sensors can get fouled from either paper or other debris and cause faulty readings. There are many threads on this forum relating to tank sensors.

jpdoggett

Mine on our 2011 Landmark have never worked the fresh water is the best but the other three are so far off may as well not have them. I had a SOB(Newmar) that had the outside sensors and they worked from day one had it 11 years and they still worked right

porthole

Retired
Steven, most of the Cyclones use two fresh water tanks connected with a transfer hose. This hose is about in the middle of the tank and about 2" off the bottom.
When filling the tanks, only one tank is connected to the fill hose. The second tank is filled by the water's natural tendency to level.
So, if you fill it to fast, you may get a "full" indicator long before the second tank is full.

If you were to see how the senors were mounted, you would understand why a tank only 2/3's full will display as full.

The tanks below are from 2010-2011 model years and have been changed at least once. but, it will give you an idea of the crossover and level indicators. This example has the fill hose on the rear tank.

Attachments

• Water tank repair_01b.jpg
    Water tank repair_01b.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 102
  • Water tank repair_28.jpg
    Water tank repair_28.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 95

ILH

Steven,

The floorplan on the 3010 is the same as the Road Warrior 305. I'd be interested to know if Heartland confirms if there are 2 fresh water tanks. I am not aware of more than a single tank on this model.

porthole

Retired
Those tank pictures are a 3010.
There are 2 tanks, they are 50+ gallons mounted above and ahead of the front axle.

vgstef

After contacting Rogers at the service dept. ( excellent service) . I change the wire to a different sensor and now it is working. Can some one confirm that the overflow for the fresh water tk will be leaking in the underbelly , no over flow piping.

Thank you

Stephan

ILH

My RW is supposedly made with similar parts on the same assembly line. I have yet to get overflow to come out the outlet in the UDC. When filling to full, I get water coming out from underneath (usually starts running from somewhere near the main steps).

rgwilliams69

Fresh Water Filling/Full in Cyclone 4100 King

Was going to post a new thread but have searched a lot and this one seems the closest to my situation, so thought I would bring it back to life a little if that is okay. If have a new (had it three weeks) 2013 Cyclone 4100 King and am trying to get a good handle on the new waterworks area and options. It includes the Andersen auto selector for "normal/winterize/tank/city" which I like very much. My question comes to filling up the fresh water tanks using this setup. We frequently (almost always, actually) are boon-docking and need to take just as much water as possible with us. I also know how notoriously inaccurate the inside monitors can be. When filling up I listened at the UDC for water flowing, and man it seemed like it took a while, but we're talking 100 gallons here! I think I have 2 separate 50 gallon tanks because finally I noticed water running out from under the rig and was able to locate what appeared to be two vent tubes on the driver's side just aft of the door to get to the black/grey1/grey2 handles (you can reach back and feel them). When then run over it is just into the metal tray covering the underside of the valve section/etc., so no worries there I think - it runs right out on the ground. My question: is it okay for me to fill the tanks all the way up until water starts coming from these air/overflow valves? It doesn't seem to hurt anything, especially where the water is coming out once full. But when I finally quit on the fill it took a LONG time for one of them to stop dripping water. I was able to get quite a bit of additional water in the tanks long after the inside monitor showed full (seems like probably another 20/30 gallons or more) Any insight greatly appreciated!

scottyb

Re: Fresh Water Filling/Full in Cyclone 4100 King

I fill mine slowly at the end because there has been some discussions on here about the overflow being too small on some units, causing the tanks to be overpressurized. Once my level indicator shows full, I reduce the flow to about 1/4 until it overflows. It may be perfectly fine to fill it fast, but not worth the risk.

rgwilliams69

Thanks ScottyB - so do you fill yours until the vent line runs water? I am thinking that is okay but want to make sure. As far as slowing it down after the gauge shows full that sounds like a good idea. After filling mine this way on Friday we ran four fairly large showers, two loads of dishes, and assorted toilet use and it just finally moved down to 2/3 full after 3 days. I am thinking that we are going to love the 100 gallon capacity. We were looking at some pretty large diesel pushers when deciding between the toy hauler and a bus, and even the largest pusher (44') had only 100 gallons capacity. So top class on the Cyclones! (and we are extremely happy with the choice of the toy hauler versus pusher)