Fresh Water Overflow/Vent Issue??

Lndeatr

I'm not sure that this is in the correct section. Please feel free to move it if necessary. I have questions about the freshwater plumbing on my 2013 300C. With all of the trailers I have owned in the past I would fill the fresh water until water started to come out of the vent above the fill. I was assuming that was the case with this rig. Since the first water fill after I bought it June 2013 nothing came out of what I thought was the vent. Instead water started running from the bottom of the coach. From other posts in the general heartland post some people said the overflow hose may not have been run out below the bottom. I figured no big deal (would fix it later when I had time) and when I am gonna dry camp I have filled the tank while watching the gauge. At the first flicker of "full" I shut off the water and I get no water run off. Most places I use the campgrounds water so normally I carry much less.

In November we go to the NASCAR races in Phoenix so I fill up to have filtered soft water from my well. I filled it up until it flickered and all was good. Drove for about 8 hours and then had to pull to the side of the road to let a fire truck by. The road was narrow and the shoulder had a rake to it so the trailer was tilted to the right. I looked in the mirror and saw liquid running out of the side of the coach. I got out and saw fresh water running out from under the wheel well and under the door area. Was coming out pretty good. Once level it stopped. this looked like way too much water to be coming out of an overflow. I am concerned somewhere near the top of my tank is cracked open. Anyone else have any similar issues? Can anyone tell me where the overflow hose is supposed to come out on a 2013 C300?

scottyb

The vents on my Cyclone are 1/4" tubing with a 90 degree fitting on the end. One coming from each of the two tanks. They are inside the hatch where the handles for the holding tank valves, but very obscure and difficult to see. When water runs out of them, it will run down hill along the frame of skirting, and come out somewhere else. This may be what you are experiencing when on a slope.

danemayer

Hi Lndeatr,

On a 2013, you may have the 4 Way Anderson Valve where you turn the valve to TANK to fill the fresh tank. If so, you don't have a vent near the fill tube like on older systems. There will be 1 or 2 pex lines coming out on the side(s). Often it terminates with a 90 degree pex fitting located near the main entry steps.

pegmikef

Hi Lndeatr,

On a 2013, you may have the 4 Way Anderson Valve where you turn the valve to TANK to fill the fresh tank. If so, you don't have a vent near the fill tube like on older systems. There will be 1 or 2 pex lines coming out on the side(s). Often it terminates with a 90 degree pex fitting located near the main entry steps.

. . . or in the case of my BH, the overflow is just behind the rear wheels on the off door side.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
On my Silverado there is an overflow on each side behind the wheels. Each one is a 90 elbow up and below the chloroplast.

Lndeatr

Hmmmmm, that clears it up... So there is one or two lines somewhere on the left, right, front or back... :)

Actually I have the 2 lines that scottyb described but nothing has ever came out of them. During the first fill when water started running out I found those lines but nothing was coming out of them. Also, during this last trip, I didn't fill it all the way up, we had been driving for some time and my rig sits high in the front when being towed. When I stopped on a tilt, the water kept running out and never slowed and it was coming out fast with volume. That's what makes me think water is coming out where it is not supposed to unless there is a big area that will trap water until it is on a tilt. I am gonna dig into it after our Thanksgiving trip. Any suggestions are welcome. Do the tanks sit below the floor low enough and will I be getting anything wet that isn't supposed to be wet if I purposely overfill it again at low pressure?