fresh water tank

cruizer76

So how am I supposed to know when the fresh water tank is full. There is a large warning sticker on the side that says do not leave the water unattended while filling or you could cause serious damage by over filling. So here I am waiting for a overflow tube to tell me the tank is full. But NO water starts coming out from all sides of the coroplas. Is this what tells you that the tank is full. Crawled under to check the coroplas drooping as expected punched a couple of holes for drainage. Dripped water for three days. So what damage can I except from this overfilling. I am taking the coach to the dealer for repairs and want to know what to have them check for such as ruined insulation or other problems that I am sure you are aware of from the posting of the large warning sticker. :mad: VIN# 5SFCG3624CE246928 cruizer76@yahoo.com Oh the repairs I am going for are the result of one of the chinese tires blowing out. Ripping up the entire wheel well with less than 5000 miles. Thats another story.:mad:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you will have any damage down below. There is no batt insulation.
I would unscrew the coroplast and prop it open so that you can get some ventilation in there.
There have been plenty of rigs with water in the underbelly. Mine included.
Not a big deal, but your dealer will have to look for the source of the water leak.

Peace
Dave

DingoDave

Cruz ...hello I just bought a TQ261 & have had nothing but trouble with the water system. I have leaks in every room in the TT. The worst is in the bedroom, it flooded the entire floor in there. It really freaked me out when it flooded the electrical area under the bed. I also have a leak in the kitchen/dining area that floods under the cabinets.(this leak seems to happen only after the rig is moved). The bathroom leaks at the corner of the shower next to the toilet. When I took it to the dealer water was spilling out from under the frame area everywhere. every hole or opening from the toilet forward was leaking. There is something very majorly wrong with the plumbing system to say the least. The dealer & Heartland have assured me they will rectify the problem & I hope so, my worry now is will all this water damage the floor, cabinets, or finishes not to mention the smell or mildew that could result from it. The dealer thought it might be the water switch (tank,city,normal, & winterize) could be hooked up wrong. I will wait & pray they find the problem & fix it. The water pump began leaking after a week of use also. Hope you get your troubles rectified ...take care.