Fridge / Battery Experiment

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would leave it and put the Progressive EMS-HW50C in with the remote readout it is flush mount. No holes to cut and you still have the fuel gauge. So at the end of the day you will have a good surge protector, a remote readout, and a fuel gauge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

What did you cut the hole with? I'm not a carpenter.

I used a box knife...the material is very thin and cuts easily. However, if you look close you can see where I slipped and created a small cut across in the upper right of the opening. Knowing that, I would recommend drilling a small hole in the space you plan to cut out, then use either a "Keyhole" (first image) or "Pull" saw (2nd image) to cut out the opening. Besides, who doesn't like going to Lowes to buy new tools...:cool:

hand-saw-buying-guide-inline-keyhole.jpg hand2-saw-buying-guide-inline-pull.jpg

wdk450

OK - taking everybody's advice, I added a 40 watt solar panel with a charge controller into the mix.

However, what I'm finding is that the LED battery status lights just don't give enough information. My son (the mechanic) wants to swap out the fuel gauge on the control panel with a high definition volt meter. My only issue is I'm not sure if the gauge is 2 inch or 2 1/16 inch. Does anybody know?

How about one of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-Digit...2-80-32V-DC-/141548127399?hash=item20f4ed04a7

I wired mine into the "Test" switch on the systems (tanks) monitor, so that when I push the "Test" switch, the digital meter lights up with the voltage. The price is right, too!!!