Frig

kerry

Just wondering if the side by side frig is the only one available. A lot of companies are using the double door top / bottom freezer drawer, more
frig space and more usable freezer space.

brianharrison

The Landmark has the residential refrig option - not sure of the model or if it is the french door bottom freezer style.

From my knowledge all double doors are absorption styles.

Brian

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The way I understand it is that Heartland is only offering the side by side 22.6 residential refrig right now. Some other manufacturers are offering a smaller residential refrig which are top/bottom types but haven't seen anything on this option thru HL.

Last edited:

danemayer

The standard refrigerator on the Landmark is a 12 cu foot gas/electric model, which I believe is the Norcold 1210. It's a 4 door RV model with freezer on top. Here's a link to the Norcold 1210 page.

The optional refrigerator is the 22 cu foot Frigidaire electric-only residential model (residential as in what you would have in your residence). The freezer is on the left side. Refrigerator on the right. Here's a link to the manuals for the Frigidaire.

scottyb

Just wondering if the side by side frig is the only one available. A lot of companies are using the double door top / bottom freezer drawer, more
frig space and more usable freezer space.

I have seen these (bottom freezer) more in Class A's. In fact is has become the norm rather than the exception in the mid to high level Class A's, many of which are total electric. Don't quote me, but i think the gas/elec RV fridge is an option and cost more, because of their expense, where most Class A'a already have inverters to run the residential fridge. I have not yet seen one in a 5th wheel, but since they are becoming very popular for the home and RV, I bet it's just a matter of time

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We saw many 5vers with the residential fridge at the RV show last month. (I like to check out the competition... So we looked at the higher-end 5ver floorplans from DRV, Forest River, Crossroads, Redwood, Keystone, Excel, Evergreen, etc.) Many were the freezer-on-bottom style. Personally, I like the side-by-side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travlingman

We have the residentail option fridge in our Landmark. Love it. It is side by side and has alot of storage. No longer have to worry about temperature change as the fridge stays at the temp you set. Have saw on other forums where the fridge with the bottom freezer have trouble when traviling with it opening up. Ours has locks on top, so no problem. Would never go back to a gas/electric fridge in an rv.

bdb2047

We put the French door bottom freezer fridge in ours. Very happy with it. Doors are not a problemfridge 021.jpg

brianharrison

We put the French door bottom freezer fridge in ours. Very happy with it. Doors are not a problem

Very nice - I will have to look into the same modification - I have the same coach.

Can you share with me the model of the fridge, - better yet I'll send a PM with my email. I would love to see pics of the modification. Thanks in advance!

Brian

danemayer

Here's a link to the thread that details Dave's mod replacing the Dometic 1350 with a Samsung RF197

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I've seen Dave's installation first hand. It looks terrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk