Front shell crack

We have a 2015 North Trail and there is a crack across the nose shell. Above the seam. Is this going to be a problem? Just bought it. Does it need to be replaced?

TrailCreek

Short answer, yes. But if you are looking for an option, see if you can get to the back side of the nose cap, at the crack. That may be through the closet. I have a Newport so don't know your design. If you can, see if you can get a fiberglass repair tech (boat is great) then they can fix the damage. You would need a body shop to repaint the exterior. Graphics may be an issue. No idea which is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

wdk450

Until you get a regular fiberglass fix done, I would put some Gorilla tape over the crack to keep water intrusion out.

Daley07

You can get a fiberglass repair tech, and they can fix the damage. However, if you don’t have enough budget for RV fiberglass repair costs, you’ll have to repair RV body damage. First, identify the cause of the damage and the damaged area(s), then collect the tools and materials that you need. The next step is to place the fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat on the sanded and damaged area.

Last edited: