Fuel discount for RVers from Pilot/Flying J

JanAndBill

Ok Malcolm and Dan, I'll probably get in trouble for this, but why aren't your better halves running into the truck stop to handle the transaction while you pump the fuel? That's always been my (Erika) role, thus the fuss about it. LOL!

I was the one that said, "We NEED this big fuel tank, so I can quit running in and out of truck stops!"

Not to start any trouble here, but I go through the RV lane, swipe my Flying J/Pilot loyalty card, then my credit card, pump my fuel and get my receipt all at the pump. On rare occasions it fails to give me a receipt and I have to go in, but otherwise I don't have to. If you go through the Truck Lane you usually have to go in, but I try to avoid those as there is always spilled fuel, oil, etc around the pumps, plus I don't like to block trucks. They're working, I'm not.

SilverRhino

I always try to stop for fuel in truck stops as opposed to the usual convenience stores you run across going through a town. Using a couple of different fuel cost programs, I try to find the cheapest truck stop along the route where we will be needing fuel. Truck stops with the truck lanes are much easier to get in and out of, and my DW does not mind going in to pay.....gets to stretch her legs and use the restroom. Fortunately with a 200 gallon capacity, we do not have to stop often and can usually plan the stops before we even leave home.

MCTalley

Not to start any trouble here, but I go through the RV lane, swipe my Flying J/Pilot loyalty card, then my credit card, pump my fuel and get my receipt all at the pump. On rare occasions it fails to give me a receipt and I have to go in, but otherwise I don't have to. If you go through the Truck Lane you usually have to go in, but I try to avoid those as there is always spilled fuel, oil, etc around the pumps, plus I don't like to block trucks. They're working, I'm not.

I will do this if I feel I can safely maneuver around the other traffic in the lot and if the place even has RV pumps. This works out to be about 5% of the time.

Jim.Allison

I wish they would give a discount for cash and save a lot of trouble for everyone. Just give me what they give credit card companies.

Retyred

Here is a tip for Canadians using their credit cards in the US and finding they have to enter a Zip code. For me my Postal Code is M1E3P9 I drop the letters and enter the numbers 13900 . This will over ride the Zip Code problem.

Martin