Fuel $

wildwolfproducts

Found on line where Diesel in Mexico was way less then ours. Plus there gas was less then ours. They import there fuel from us. LOL so goes a long way to show you just how they are holding us up. AS in Diesel is $3.10 cents per gallon, This is along the border. Hear its way less the deeper in Mexico you go and get away from the borders.
Pete

pegmikef

Found on line where Diesel in Mexico was way less then ours. Plus there gas was less then ours. They import there fuel from us. LOL so goes a long way to show you just how they are holding us up. AS in Diesel is $3.10 cents per gallon, This is along the border. Hear its way less the deeper in Mexico you go and get away from the borders.
Pete

Yeah this was a big deal in the news last week . . . people in border towns jumping over to Mexico to get gas and fuel. The talking heads were also saying that it was a buyer beware thing, because the quality and standards are a lot lower than they are here and weren't very well regulated. Me, I'm sticking to known entities.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Diesel is $3.99 here in western KY. Been at this price for a little over a week now. A horse, carriage and a bucket of oats may be the future of rving (lol).

You know you may be on to something there - Get the old buckboard out mount the 5ver hitch over the rear Axle, a few draft horses and we can go 10-15 miles a day ..... and if we keep a few fresh horses in the Garage of the Cyclone we could even get that up to maybe 25 - 30 miles from dawn to dusk...

Kevin

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep in mind someone will have to 'sweep the street' to keep someone from slipping on the manure :)

Sandpirate69

I'm pretty sure it will get worse before it gets better. If it ever gets any better. This summer for sure we'll be in the $5.00 range. It's amazing how we go overseas to fight someone else's battle to come home & see our own American families paying top $ for something that they may have sacrificed. We should be paying $2.00 gl or less. I guess i'm just a Veteran tired of getting snookered by our gov't. Politics again, sorry. :rolleyes:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I'm pretty sure it will get worse before it gets better. If it ever gets any better. This summer for sure we'll be in the $5.00 range. It's amazing how we go overseas to fight someone else's battle to come home & see our own American families paying top $ for something that they may have sacrificed. We should be paying $2.00 gl or less. I guess i'm just a Veteran tired of getting snookered by our gov't. Politics again, sorry. :rolleyes:

No need to be sorry.
$4.17 a gal. / diesel at Love's Truck Stop in Anna, Texas (50 miles north of Dallas)

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
You know you may be on to something there - Get the old buckboard out mount the 5ver hitch over the rear Axle, a few draft horses and we can go 10-15 miles a day ..... and if we keep a few fresh horses in the Garage of the Cyclone we could even get that up to maybe 25 - 30 miles from dawn to dusk...

Kevin

Having ridden 40+ miles in a day I can tell you it gets old fast and if hay is as high this year as last (up to $250.00/ton) it will cost as much per mile as diesel. Maybe a team of bicycles????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

wildwolfproducts

And Propane prices are up, too. I paid $30 to fill one tank with 7 gallons this afternoon!

Thats why I have a 250 gallon tank, getting it fixed up where I can fill my own tanks out of it. Buy 200 gallons in the hot summer time. Then fill our propane tanks the rest of the year. Or until it runs out, we use a lot of it. With the camper and all the fish fries we do at home and church. We use over 100 gallons each year and some years over 200 gallons cooking and camping.
Pete

GOTTOYS

And Propane prices are up, too. I paid $30 to fill one tank with 7 gallons this afternoon!
6.5 gals into my 30# here at our RV park in Ingram TX...Paid $17.00 last week. You can bet I'm topping off my other tank before we leave. It was really cheap here last year too, about the same price...Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Got a chuckle this morning fueling up the Duramax...it was exactly a year ago to the day I started THIS thread whining about fuel costs! This morning diesel was $4.50 here in the fourth corner of WA state. Makes the "might reach $4.00" comment in last years thread look pretty silly!

How are fuel prices in your area?

Not to "beat a dead horse" but I am no longer laughing! Local Shell station just posted $4.80 for diesel! :(

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's still $4.49 at the local Shell, but $4.17 just about everywhere else. So, to H*** with Shell.

Sandpirate69

Well it's $4.19 here in S. Florida , Ft. Lauderdale. Shell is about $4.23 & Mobil is $4.27 today. Becareful with the cheaper fuel stations. Some of their fuels don't have the needed additives for our diesel engines, especially the newer fords. I generally use shell locally & Pilot/Flying J on the highway.

Ivan

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well it's $4.19 here in S. Florida , Ft. Lauderdale. Shell is about $4.23 & Mobil is $4.27 today. Becareful with the cheaper fuel stations. Some of their fuels don't have the needed additives for our diesel engines, especially the newer fords. I generally use shell locally & Pilot/Flying J on the highway.

Ivan

There's no guarantee that Shell has anything different in their diesel, either. Maybe they add gold flakes to it, hence the price gouge.

jayc

Legendary Member
I'm still in NE Texas and diesel prices are holding steady at $4.02-403 here. We are going to Spring next week and checking Gasbuddy.com shows a "low" price there at $3.84. It's not much, but its cheaper! Every penny counts!
Fixed income and all that...

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Still hanging on to our $3.90 locally but interstate prices a bit higher. Stared using the big truck lanes cause at $3.90 / gallon it takes too long fill with the smaller nozzles.