Fuel $

GOTTOYS

I drove by a place that was at $4.19 here in East Central Mn. yesterday. I filled up down the road at $4.05, then drove by a place a few miles away that was $3.99...Don

shovelguy

$3.89 in Branson, Mo and that is the cheapest we have seen around here. Runs from that up to $4.20 gal. It has curtailed our exploring quite a bit on this trip.

57chevyconvt

As of today, 4/11/12, Diesel in Floresville, TX - $3.53 /gal.; Diesel in Victoria, TX - $3.69 /gal. Hope this is some indication that fuel prices are going down if not stabilizing.

donr827

Paid $4.19 gallon at a Hess station in Ft Lauderdale yesterday. There is a bill in Congress that would add 6.5 cents per gallon to the federal tax on diesel fuel and would delete the exercise tax on large trucks.
Don

Last edited:

pegmikef

As of today, 4/11/12, Diesel in Floresville, TX - $3.53 /gal.; Diesel in Victoria, TX - $3.69 /gal. Hope this is some indication that fuel prices are going down if not stabilizing.

Me too. Just noticed that it was 3.86 at Sam's today, down from 3.91 a few days ago here in San Angelo, TX.

mmomega

AnyTimer
It has been holding pretty steady right at $3.87 in Mansfield, TX. Just got back from a trip to SC as well and from Charleston up to Anderson the price was about the same.

jayc

Legendary Member
We traveled from Marshall TX to Port Arthur TX and saw prices from $3.87 to $4.19 for diesel along the way.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was just wondering how many of you use Gas Buddy?

I have been a member for a long time but it was hard to use when my computer is in the trailer.

Now that I have an iPhone I can check the Gas Buddy at any time. I add to the update as often as I can. However in most cases I end up filling up at the Murphy station @ Walmart if they have.

They are building a new Murphy station at Walmart here in Spring TX...

BC

porthole

Retired
I use Gas Buddy to find the lowest diesel at either Shell or Sunoco stations. Works pretty good for that.
I use Shell almost exclusively for the bike and when traveling I just use the GPS search for that. The bike doesn't get fuel based on price.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I cannot understand why there is such a disparity in prices. Within a 3 block area diesel prices are $3.99 to $4.17. The $4.17 is at a Shell station and the $3.99 at a Valero and Exxon. I guess the Shell jacked their prices up higher because they give a 10 cent discount when you use the Kroger card. But that still makes their Diesel $4.07. Wake up Shell we can see through your Consumer Fraud.

jbeletti

Jim G,

The station to station differences can sometimes be due to contract prices they may be locked into.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The local Shell (this is not on a freeway exit, either) has dropped their diesel to $4.399 from $4.499. What a deal! Two miles down the road, Speedway is still at $4.199.

donr827

Just drove by my Hess station. They dropped the price of diesel from $4.19 to $4.13 today. A good sign for our trip starting in two weeks with the new trailer.
Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim G,

The station to station differences can sometimes be due to contract prices they may be locked into.

Jim

I realize prices are different because of contract prices but tell me why a Valero station in Riverside is $3.99 for Diesel and 4 miles north in Trinity the Valero station is $4.09. I have been told Riverside fuel comes from Houston and Trinity fuel comes from Beaumont. I think it is just because they can. FYI I drive the 4 more miles to save the $.10 difference in price. My point is no one is monitoring these stations that are engaged (IMHO) in price gouging.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I realize prices are different because of contract prices but tell me why a Valero station in Riverside is $3.99 for Diesel and 4 miles north in Trinity the Valero station is $4.09. I have been told Riverside fuel comes from Houston and Trinity fuel comes from Beaumont. I think it is just because they can. FYI I drive the 4 more miles to save the $.10 difference in price. My point is no one is monitoring these stations that are engaged (IMHO) in price gouging.

Maybe different city tax rates?