Full vinyl flooring

Jonah

Wife has her heart set on a new Bighorn. She hates carpet. What does the full vinyl option actually cover? Everything? Has anyone removed/replaced the carpeting on the steps? Interested in what the wood is underneath. We are planning to visit the factory as soon as we can, hopefully in next few weeks. Thanks

'Lil Guy'

Most stairs, even in your house are built and then covered with the finishing product. My guess is the stairs are particle or plywood. I think the stairs would look good in a nice finished hardwood to accent your flooring. You are getting a high end rig so make it look like it. I'm jealous already. Enjoy..

danemayer

Wife has her heart set on a new Bighorn. She hates carpet. What does the full vinyl option actually cover? Everything? Has anyone removed/replaced the carpeting on the steps? Interested in what the wood is underneath. We are planning to visit the factory as soon as we can, hopefully in next few weeks. Thanks

The Talleys replaced the carpeting with flooring. Here's a link.

Jonah

Thanks everyone! And especially for the links to those floor mods, Dan!! Those will be very helpful. I installed 1,500 sq ft of hardwood in our stick house (murder on these old knees - weeks recovering) but wanted an idea of what's underneath that carpet. We will get a first hand look at factory (I hope) and then decide how to go. Wife loved the changed look on that Big Country mod. I can already see the honey do list growing!! Lol