Furnace power

shevy

I own a Northtrail 33buds and was wondering if someone could tell me how amps does it need to power it? I bought 2 Yamaha 2,000 amps to power the unit (ac included) but can’t find how much power I need for heating.

Last edited by a moderator:

PondSkum

I'm not 100%, but I believe the furnace ignitor and fan run off 12v. So the generator is not necessary for the Furnace. Now if you have a fireplace/electric heater, ours runs off a 15A breaker, so it's gotta be pulling less than 15A. And we also have a heat strip in one of our 15k BTU A/C's, which runs off 20A breaker.

danemayer

The generator will provide 120V AC to the Power Converter, which will in turn keep the battery charged and supply 12V DC to run the furnace blower and other components.

Without something to keep the battery charged, the furnace run time is a function of 1) battery amp hours, 2) how cold it gets outside, 3) how warm you like it inside the trailer.

shevy

The generator will provide 120V AC to the Power Converter, which will in turn keep the battery charged and supply 12V DC to run the furnace blower and other components.

Without something to keep the battery charged, the furnace run time is a function of 1) battery amp hours, 2) how cold it gets outside, 3) how warm you like it inside the trailer.

Thanks guys youve answered my question

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Atwood furnaces use around 90 watts of power for the 25k and 30K BTU models and around 132 watts for the 35K BTU model.
This is roughly 7.5 amps and 11 amps respectively.

This can vary on specific model. You can lookup you specific model and get this information from the Furnace installation manual

shevy

Atwood furnaces use around 90 watts of power for the 25k and 30K BTU models and around 132 watts for the 35K BTU model.
This is roughly 7.5 amps and 11 amps respectively.

This can vary on specific model. You can lookup you specific model and get this information from the Furnace installation manual

Thx for the feedback. I can’t tell but do you have a 33 buds? We bought a new one in Feb and love it but can’t get over how poor the interior trim, tables, kitchen sink etc are made. First the molding from the slide outs fell off, then the night stand in the master bedroom has split, then last weekend the kitchen sink came unattached from the counter top. I just hope the shoddy workmanship doesn’t spill over into the frame, wheels, axle etc.