Furrion Prewired Backup Camera - Power?

JamesL73

FWIW, we have a 2017 Cyclone...it also was completely wired hot 24/7 from the factory for the camera, but was fuse delete.

When I installed the camera, I too could not stand to have it wired as such, so I rewired it to my tail light circuit at the pinbox connector. In order to do so, I obviously had to figure out which wire was the camera.

Look for a yellow w/ white tracer wire that has a red plactic fuse holder wired into the set of 6 or so main 12 V breakers. It will look like an "afterthought, add on" circuit.

If there is any standardized wiring code used by the factory, maybe yours is the yellow/white wire also.

I’ve actually been pulling wires this morning. Pulled the prep pkg bracket off and wires out, it’s tied in to a White/Black and a White, which just so happens to be the same as all the wiring for all 5 slides. I did pull the breaker box but saw nothing that looked like these. I watched a YouTube of a guy with the same issue who found his tied into his rear interior lights but after pulling 4 of mine, no such luck. I’m at the point of simply cutting the **** wires and tying into the clearance light just above the bracket. It will still be on full time while in tow with lights on but that’s better than being on even when not hooked to tow vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

I’ve actually been pulling wires this morning. Pulled the prep pkg bracket off and wires out, it’s tied in to a White/Black and a White, which just so happens to be the same as all the wiring for all 5 slides. I did pull the breaker box but saw nothing that looked like these. I watched a YouTube of a guy with the same issue who found his tied into his rear interior lights but after pulling 4 of mine, no such luck. I’m at the point of simply cutting the **** wires and tying into the clearance light just above the bracket. It will still be on full time while in tow with lights on but that’s better than being on even when not hooked to tow vehicle.

I first would check voltage of those 2 wires at camera mounting location...to verify it is still hot.....

Then, pull every fuse in the battery compartment that is the black/white tracer, one at a time, until you lose said 12V at the camera. If no luck, then tap into your clearance light like many here have done.

JamesL73

I first would check voltage of those 2 wires at camera mounting location...to verify it is still hot.....

Then, pull every fuse in the battery compartment that is the black/white tracer, one at a time, until you lose said 12V at the camera. If no luck, then tap into your clearance light like many here have done.

Too late. It’s done. Now, with my luck, next time I hook up to the truck and turn on the lights, it’ll probably burn down the whole rv. But....that’ll make for a new thread another time. LOL