Fuse Panel Question

wdk450

Keith:
You know I have a similar problem with the lights and fan near/over the stove. That fuse has blown intermittently over the past year or so, and I can never seem to isolate it. The bad news is that is on the refrigerator 12 volt circuit, and when the main fuse blows the refrigerator quits working. I found this out in August 105 degree heat last year. I finally installed a fuseholder in the lamp/fan wiring where it taps off the refrigerator circuit in the back of the outside refrigerator panel and put a 5 amp fuse in that, The main circuit fuse is 15 amps. Now when I have the short, the 5 amp fuse blows, BUT THE REFRIGERATOR KEEPS WORKING!!! I may see if I can get a 5 amp resettable circuit breaker and plug that in the 2nd fuseholder, along with breaking up the light/fan&light wiring with some switches to see if I can isolate the cause of the problem. So far disassembly and inspection of the lights and fan has not revealed what is causing the very intermittent short.

wdk450

How hard would it be to run new wire?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would say moderate. This wiring doesn't flex (that I know of) but it might be worth a try. The most challenging part will be in determining where to drill the hole through the refrig enclosure box side into the 2 inch vertical space between the cabinet outside and inside bottom where the wiring to the lights/hood is run.