FWIW....new Fords

avvidclif

George that would absolutely make sense so it won't happen. My preference would be to loose the nosebleed suspension and get down to a normal height....

BLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess as a Female I have low T loved my 2003-F550 however thought I needed to upgrade/downgrade to a F-450 Platinum..never look back.. oh BTW hubby is very happy also with his Low T...haha

Sorry I forgot to include/quote chippendale

Sent from BLR Logistics

Chippendale

If Chevy can figure out a way to pay for your gas without getting out of your car, then I am sure Ford could figure out how to warn us of upcoming obstacles in our path, especially since other GPS systems are already doing it.

https://www.komando.com/happening-n...r-have-to-get-out-of-their-car-to-pay-for-gas

Not a feature I would want as I don't think I would be interested in giving Berenice, the lady in my dashboard who talks to me, access to my wallet, just another way for hackers to get into our pockets, but I sure wish she would warn me of low clearances, etc. Maybe if enough of us asked for it, Ford would come up with an update to their existing navigation systems . Does anyone know which office at Ford to contact that might have the best chance of getting this done? Who knows, it might be worth a try.

porthole

Retired
If Chevy can figure out a way to pay for your gas without getting out of your car, then I am sure Ford could figure out how to warn us of upcoming obstacles in our path, especially since other GPS systems are already doing it.

Buy a 2017 or newer Volvo 700 or 800 series !

The new technology in HDT's is amazing, past our consumer pickups.

Keeping in mind that this is a truck that may be bob tailing or maxed out at 80,000+
Adaptive cruise control on the Volvo's is tied into the engine controls and the GPS navigator.

If the cruise is set at 60 it will do 60, flat land, up the hill, cresting the hill, down the hill. Using elevation numbers from the GPS the system increases or decrease power - in advance to maintain speed.

If it wasn't for the $150K for a decked out VNL 740-760-860 I would have one in my driveway.

- - - Updated - - -

If it wasn't for the $150K for a decked out VNL 740-760-860 I would have one in my driveway.

Although a Platinum F-450 is closing the gap, and you still have to add air bags and a larger tank (the Volvo VNL's have air suspension, air ride and air seats - and big tanks)

Geodude

Having just switched from a 2011 Ford F-350 to a 2018 GMC Denali 3500, that DEF tank on the GM seemed to be a bit of a head scratcher for sure. What we did is instead of getting the default "flat" running boards, we ordered the 4" tubular version. Not only are they more rare, they do a good job in helping hide the DEF tank.

I prefer the GM DEF fill location. I don't have to fill very often and it's nice that it's not near the fuel tank, just to make any risk of confusing the two a bit non-issue (not that it was ever an issue for me).