G Rated Tires Standard on 2016 4200???

jam20ster

Picked up my 2016 4200 yesterday and upon PDI noticed that it was equipped with Sailun S637 tires. I bought a dealer stock unit, as it had all the features i wanted except the G rated tires I thought.... Im not sure if i just got lucky and they didnt charge me or if the 2016 4200's are now coming standard with G rated tires. I double checked my invoice and it was not listed as optional equipment. It did list 16" wheels under standard, but thought that would only be E rated. Anyone else have this experience??? As i have read this is a definite need on these units.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 127

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had an advertisement from HL in the last Heartland Highlights Newsletter saying all HL toy haulers (except Edge xtreme lite) will come with G rated tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

Picked up my 2016 4200 yesterday and upon PDI noticed that it was equipped with Sailun S637 tires. I bought a dealer stock unit, as it had all the features i wanted except the G rated tires I thought.... Im not sure if i just got lucky and they didnt charge me or if the 2016 4200's are now coming standard with G rated tires. I double checked my invoice and it was not listed as optional equipment. It did list 16" wheels under standard, but thought that would only be E rated. Anyone else have this experience??? As i have read this is a definite need on these units.

That's a huge leap forward. Good job HL

Congrats on your new RV. Your photo is too tiny, even when opened.

Wmnmy

We just purchased a 2016 Bighorn 3270rs it came with grated 110 psi tires awesome Heartland thanks for listening ...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our 2015 Heartland Prowler had BlowMax tires from the factory, but since our trade in (2013 Heartland Trail Runner) had the same size brand new tires with only 80 miles on them, I had the dealer swap them out before we took possession of the new trailer.

oscar

Tough spot. On the one hand they are quietly admitting what we've all known for a while, which is that an E rated tire that claims to be good for 3520 pounds is optimistic to put it mildly and that these big units needs good walking shoes. New owners are benefitting, and that's good.

On the other hand, I just coughed up almost 2 large for a decent set of tires to replace a set with less than 10K/three years on them and something in the back of my head says that it would be nice to have some "sympathy" (in the form of a check from HL), because it should have never shipped with the BM's to begin with....

Then again, them contacting all owners of units with BM's to extend an offer would probably hurt the bottom line a wee bit too much......

Oh well.

jnbhobe

I just put on my third set of tires on an 09 Bighorn 17.5 Sailun S-637's, Had 10 Goodyear G-614's and had 5 go bad, 2 road hazzard's 2 lost the tread, 1 bad side wall at the bead.

Bought our 37 Ultimate new last year. I drove it 100 miles home from the dealership with blowmax tires. The next day I went to our local tire dealer, traded all 5 in for 5 Sailun S637's. So far no problems with 15 trips under out belt.

sdwelling

My 2012 Cyclone is at my local RV shop since I thought I had a bent axle. It's a 3 axle unit. Mechanic called me today and told me he measured all the axle spacings multiple ways and they are all spot on. The tires are a mess. Three of six are bulged and one is so out of round that it looks like the third axle is bent... I'm shopping for new tires now and am considering the Sailun 637s. Are yours 235/85-16? The stock Blowmax on my unit are 235/80-16. The calcs I did show the Sailuns almost 1" greater diameter. Wondering if I have that much space between the tires and to the body. I'm also considering Maxxis ST 8008s and Gladiators.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would go with G rated over E rated, even though Maxxis is a good brand. Since HL is now putting Sailuns on their toy haulers standard, they will probably work just fine.

oscar

My 2012 Cyclone is at my local RV shop since I thought I had a bent axle. It's a 3 axle unit. Mechanic called me today and told me he measured all the axle spacings multiple ways and they are all spot on. The tires are a mess. Three of six are bulged and one is so out of round that it looks like the third axle is bent... I'm shopping for new tires now and am considering the Sailun 637s. Are yours 235/85-16? The stock Blowmax on my unit are 235/80-16. The calcs I did show the Sailuns almost 1" greater diameter. Wondering if I have that much space between the tires and to the body. I'm also considering Maxxis ST 8008s and Gladiators.

Not sure about the 4014, but my 4100 did NOT have the room for the Sailuns. I have less than two inches as it is between the center and rear axle, couldn't lose an inch. The good news is that the G614 are actually slightly smaller than the Blow Maxes. The bad news is that they are more expensive than the Sailuns.

sdwelling

Not sure about the 4014, but my 4100 did NOT have the room for the Sailuns. I have less than two inches as it is between the center and rear axle, couldn't lose an inch. The good news is that the G614 are actually slightly smaller than the Blow Maxes. The bad news is that they are more expensive than the Sailuns.
I called Goodyear to ask about the size of their G614 since it sounded too small for the 235/85-16 spec. They verified that it's 30.4 inches in diameter - the size of a 235/80-16. I ended up with Maxxis St 8008s in the end.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TX_Clay

Bought our Cyclone 3010 in October 2014 and 3 weeks later was buying Carlisle to get the BlowMax off the rig.

Burnsze15

Suggestion: don't buy the Goodyear option. Go with 17.5" rims and H rated G114s. They are even more reliable than the Gs. Plus, in the unlikely event of a blowout other tires are rated to hold the weight of the rig with the blown tire. Also, they will run happier on hot days in traffic etc.

You can use the stock rims and tires for winter storage (bad for tires to sit with that weight for that long) and for trade in day or resale, or you can sell them. Anyway just a recommendation.