Generator recommendations?

HornedToad

Landmarks don't have a fuel cell to support running a gas generator. Other owners have pursued the idea and given up because there's no easy answer. Also installation of an Onan LP generator may not be the same on a Landmark as an Onan Gas generator install on a Torque.
After watching a dealer add an LP stub to hook up an outdoor RVQ, I would never attempt to mess with the propane system... I think you have to have a license for that???

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Well after reading this and making my earlier comments, it occurred to me that I had not tried running the A/C in our new BH on my Honda pair so I tried it this morning and much to my dismay my A/C also will NOT start. I tried turning the converter and all other circuit breakers off, and it still will not start. The only difference I can find between this 15k btu A/C and the 15k btu A/C iin my old TT is that the one in the BH is a Dometic and the other one was a Coleman (and this one never failed or hesitated to start and cooled better than this Dometic one). Fortunately summer is ending so I have a few months to resolve the issue. I don't want to give up my Hondas so I am probably going to install a hard start capacitor in the Dometic first to see if that works. I suspect the Coleman already had one installed (which makes sense since a lot of RV A/Cs are run off of generators and at varying elevations).

As you did, I also tried turning off every breaker but the one to the AC and still no luck. My situation with the AC in my old unit was the same as yours. I installed a 15,000 BTU Carrier AirV in the bedroom and it always started up very easily but the 15,000 BTU Dometic in this new coach simply will not start even when it has all the voltage and amps dedicated to it. I had a 15,000 BTU Dometic in the living area of my old Bighorn but to my knowledge I never even tried to run it on the gennies. The only time I ran an AC on the gennies was just at night to sleep so it was always the Carrier in the bedroom. Looks like I may have to try adding the hard start capacitor and see what happens.

Side Note: We have been a part of this forum for several years now and have always gotten good advice and responses. We have also enjoyed reading all the little everyday things that are not just problem related. Thanks everyone.

Theresau

We're going to test ours. Haven't done that yet. We'll test with refer on and off lp.

Converter may be larger as well, drawing additional load on the generators. But I do know the 15K draws down my 2-2000 Hondas as well. I installed the high start capacitor.

Brian