Generator Slide out

jpajax

Made this out of scraps to see if it words. Tryed it out on trip too Texas work fine will take out and pant. The electrical cord will reach it so I can leave it on tray. Poor man has poor ways.0113111240.jpg0113111242.jpg

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We built this from scraps as well except for the 300 pound drawer glides we ordered. Has been holding the Honda 3000 for almost 2 years.

Attachments

• Generator Roll Out.jpg
    Generator Roll Out.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 235

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
So did you order the new trailer with a genny?

Nope! Already have this one! We really only use it in case of power outages, some occasional but rare overnight boondocking and naturally for the electric impact gun in case of having to change a tire. With the current rally schedule we don't find much time to go to the races anymore and that's why we actually had the generator. Thinking that we may change up the design a little bit for the 3185 and use longer drawer glides so the generator actually stores towards the middle of the basement. That way the things we use on every trip will be stored by the door. We'll work on the design once we get the trailer. You've seen our basement. Once we take out chairs, grill and the usual outside stuff, there's nothing in there!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi guys.. When I was at Cherry Hill RV Park just outside of Washington DC the power went out for almost 24 hours due to a rain storm. I took out our two Honda 2000's and had 30amps for most of the time. To keep the generators out of the rain, I sat them under the pin box area. About 2am in the morning our carbon monoxide alarm went off. I moved them out under a tree away from the trailer and everything worked out fine.

I really like the pull out slides shown here but be careful about the exaust causing a problem.

We are planning a trip to Alaska this year and I would like to find a way to secure the generators I have.

BC

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Hi guys.. When I was at Cherry Hill RV Park just outside of Washington DC the power went out for almost 24 hours due to a rain storm. I took out our two Honda 2000's and had 30amps for most of the time. To keep the generators out of the rain, I sat them under the pin box area. About 2am in the morning our carbon monoxide alarm went off. I moved them out under a tree away from the trailer and everything worked out fine.

I really like the pull out slides shown here but be careful about the exaust causing a problem.

We are planning a trip to Alaska this year and I would like to find a way to secure the generators I have.

BC

I have used a wire rope like this http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Lifting-Slings/1-2-Diameter/1-2-x-14-Single-Leg-6x19-Wire-Rope-Sling to secure my generator setting on the ground outside, this allowed the exhaust about 40' away from the sleeping area.

jpajax

I had thought about putting it in the basement area, but decided to try it in the front bay were it would be out of weather. By keeping the windows in the bed room and the gen. exhaust turned outward have not any problems. Don"t know how the floor is constructed in the other years and models but on the 2010 BH the floor is insulated and laminated all the way to the front. Also the floor in the front bay is metal so if there is a leak you can keep the other stuff we carry safe and you can leave the door open with out the danger of the water pipes freezing in winter.