Getting more out of your fresh water tank

Uncle Rog

Tank mounting / Wire loom Pictures

vangoes et al, here is a picture of the stk tank installation, it is the best one that I took. Note the flat straps below the plywood they are curving way down, when the tank is full they must really be stressed, also note the water line in the tank, that is as far as the water will drain. The tank is 8h x 40w x 58L /231=80 gals approx. Losing some capacity because vent lines are on the sides and drain line is also. Not visible but the tank sensor is exactly at the water line, meter shows dead empty when in reality there is at least 25-30 gals in the tank. The fix is to properly support the tank then shim the door side of the tank up about 3/4". Just by pushing up on the tank from the bottom the pump would work and seemed to be able to drain it. Wallah. The second picture shows where the ods tire wore into the wire support. I still think I will have to modify it. ther you good luck....UR
P.S. shop.com has item #h20-g1-0363 It is a garden hose water meter, very handy for giving you an idea of how much water is being used......

Attachments

• DSC02380.JPG
    DSC02380.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC02384.JPG
    DSC02384.JPG
    479 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02377.JPG
    DSC02377.JPG
    481.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Uncle Rog

Dolphin Water Pump

We use a 5 gal water bottle in concert with the pressurized hand pump, easy to use and when dry camping we use about 5 gals a day for dishes and misc things, saves 5 gals a day, thats a lot. Google will show you a couple of 1000 places to get one....UR