Getting ready to pick up 3612 tomorrow, found a problem

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We bought our 3010 from Jamie at Holman's. All calls were returned and the level of customer service once I got there was excellent.
You shouldn't have to deal with the nonsense you are going through when making a purchase like this.
Good luck!

Ditto on this one! We dealt with Jamie at Holman's and have had very good customer service so far! Ours was a "long distance" purchase which she handled very efficiently and effectively. Much more professional than the other wholesaler we almost purchased from! Our Big Country was delivered to our door (2600 miles) from Ohio to Washington State! Glad it came with GY 614's:D

gpshemi

Well going to Holman's isn't out of the question yet. Neither is packing up for Lakeshore RV either.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Have you tried to work a deal with Great Lakes RV in Elkhart? They do a large volume and can probably get you waht you want. Jus t a thought since you are not tied to any particular dealership.

Good luck,
Mark

wdk450

Have you thought of delaying the repair, and then having it done later in Elkhart for your piece of mind? If it truly involves removing the slide, maybe they can do it at the factory.

gpshemi

Saturday Update:
Never did hear from my dealer. Got an email late from the service kid like he promissed though. He talked to Heartland and supposedly Heartland screwed up, the carpet for the slide never made it to the shipping dock. So i won't be here till next week now. So no pickup this weekend either. He said maybe next weekend.

I had a thought. Dealer told me the match would be perfect originally because they gave them the serial number and such. Heartland should have known that the carpet in the unit wasn't Mocha and an attempt to send it for a match would have been futile. Why not send enough materials to cover all the problems? Why does it take two weeks to get carpet up such a small distance. Redally the unit could have been taken there and fixed faster than this. Right?

As for taking it the unit and dealing with the mess myself (even to the factory) its because then I'm commited to the problem being mine and there simply isn't any incentive to turn National RV's bad unit into my bad unit. If they'd move on the price, I'd think about it. However, they won't.

I think the right answer is / was for National RV to take it there themselves to resolve it and avoid shipping issues, materials, and such.

I called all over Ohio, Michigan, and Indianna last night. I have several dealers working deals now. We'll see where we end up.

gpshemi

Found another one at Dave Arbogast in Tory Ohio. Anyone ever hear of them?

He said he'd match the price. trying to get down there to get it now. Not sure if they can prep it that fast. it's Saturday and the service guys leave at noon. So...just a few hours left. Takes me 4 hours to get there too.

I'm thinking...take the money and run...

truknutt

Committed Member
Found another one at Dave Arbogast in Tory Ohio. Anyone ever hear of them?

He said he'd match the price. trying to get down there to get it now. Not sure if they can prep it that fast. it's Saturday and the service guys leave at noon. So...just a few hours left. Takes me 4 hours to get there too.

I'm thinking...take the money and run...

So what happens if you find another problem and all the service guys left at noon? Then you're in the same boat only you have to drive 4 more hours home. Just my 2 cents.

Yianni

Also, are you getting a 2011? If so, I've seen some with heat in the garage and some without. The early builds did not have it. I had to add it to my Cyclone and it was a bit of work. If it matters to you, check for that also.

gpshemi

Well no worries since we couldn't work it all out for today anyway. So we're going down this coming weekend. Not sure if this is a 2011 or 2010, but the one at National RV was a 2010. So...

This unit may not be problem free, most aren't of course, but I doubt it will have anything as serious as tearing out all the main floor carpeting or removing slides.

Thanks for everyones suggestions. Updates to follow...hahaha...

gpshemi

Does your 2011 have the hydraulic front jacks, and the memory foam topper? What all did they change to account for those differences? I think I read something about leaving the radio out and maybe the rear storage boxes?

robnmo

Does your 2011 have the hydraulic front jacks, and the memory foam topper? What all did they change to account for those differences? I think I read something about leaving the radio out and maybe the rear storage boxes?

Not sure on the memory foam, but seems pretty comfy, it does have the front hydraulic jacks, and there is no rear slide storage it's beaver tail storage inside the garage, also has a heat vent located in the front of the garage wall (although can't say there is much if any heat coming from it, I need to check the duct work). On the radio, if your talking the sound system, it has a DVD/AM/FM and the speaker switches are inside on/off, a seperate switch for off/garage/outside a flip of the switch and tv sound is routed through the Jensen speakers also has the electric awning (all standard package). The awning personally I don't care for, it sets so high I really don't see much if any advantage to it (again personal opinion only)

gpshemi

Well time flies when...wait...I wasn't having fun. Nevermind.

National RV Direct verbally agreed to return the deposit.

Arbogast didn't send the paperwork till Wednesday afternoon despite my requests. We faxed the paperwork to the local bank right away, explained to our loan officer what happened, and asked him to change the VIN and name on the check. He refused, told us the loan was invalid now, and demanded the money back including the money we used to pay off our trade. Anyone have a spare small fortune handy I can borrow?

Hold on...it gets even better. We're scheduled to pick it up Saturday morning, and the loan officer was not only transfered two counties away (we knew that the day we got the loan), he is out sick, and won't be back till Friday afternoon. Oh hells bells I'm just gonna buy a tent at Walmart I swear.

We spoke to a manager at the local branch in person. She'd never dealt with something like this where a deal fall apart. She agreed to call the main branch Thursday morning and see what could be done. Thankfully, she got it worked out to start a new loan. The main branch wanted two days for the processing. She rushed it through and met us on Friday afternoon. When we show up she informed us, that the new loan means they closed the old loan, I pay the interest on the 1st loan for two weeks ($200), and also pay for a new processing fee ($85). Ok, I was loosing my passive nature, since I smelled money making trick, till I heard...FINALLY...some good news. They lowered the interest rate!! So I shut up, paid the fee, signed the papers, saved myself a boat load of money over the long run, and ran out the door before someone changed their mind. Hahaha.

We're on schedule to do the PDI at 11am tomorrow. We're leaving here with the kiddies (6y and twins 3y), who have had to restart their countdown of "sleeps" three times now, at 7am.

Everyone say a prayer for us. LOL. We hope it's smooth sailing from here on out.

gpshemi

Well for those of you who said something special I need to say thanks. We picked up the 3612 this afternoon. Arbogast has some great people there. It's pretty good size too. Nothing major on the PDI, just a bent landing foot and a tweaked antenna from when they pulled it out of the showroom (both swapped out). No harm to the roof though. That was good. Was wondering how it would pull. I have to say it pulls great and it's a great floorplan for kids. They love it too.

So...thanks for listening...and glad to be part of the owners group now. Happy and safe trails everyone.

robnmo

Glad you got it picked up. I agree with you the floor plan is fantastic, the more we're in ours the better we like it. Enjoy and safe travels.

gpshemi

LOL. To what a 450 or something? I'm not!!

On that note though, this tows arguably it's better than my 32' Laredo actually. I was very impressed. I put air bags in the truck for leveling it before I picked it up. I found myself taking air out here and there the way whole way home. I ended up with very little in them by the time I got home. This Cyclone doesn't work on the truck as much. I'm guessing the triple axles.