Getting Satellite To T-31 Bedroom

BoisDogs

The wiring diagram I just received from Heartland seems accurate. I have a coax in and satellite in near the left slide. The only satellite out is in the living room, along with a coax and booster. The bedroom, garage, and outside TV locations have a single coax that are all fed by the roof antenna according to the diagram. How do I get satellite in to the bedroom? Is my best option to try and drop a satellite cable down the bedroom wall and install a second satellite in jack next to the existing jacks? Any other ideas?

T 31 TV Wiring.jpg

danemayer

Hi Boisdogs,

You didn't mention what type of dish you use. Some support 2 receivers; others only 1. But assuming it will let you send satellite signal to 2 separate receivers, you might just run the coax through the bedroom wall.

Another choice would be to use a video transmitter in the living room with a matching receiver in the bedroom. If you have an RF remote control for the satellite receiver, you could use it from the bedroom to change channels.

BoisDogs

Thanks for the quick reply Dan. Right now I am using a DISH Playmaker which only supports a single receiver. I would have to move up to a DISH Tailgater which should support two receivers. I could always run direct to the second receiver through a window, but would prefer a cleaner installation.

esscobra

things to consider-

will you be watching both tvs at same time and wanting to watch different programs/channels? yes the portable dishes allow 2 receivers - how ever the second one can only watch the channels that are on same sat as the primary- which was fine when its just me and only using 1 tv- so for that I just used the iogear wireless kit which is cheaper than a second receiver and subscription- but upon starting to have company wanted second receiver and so to be able to watch what I want when I want - I went ahead and mounted dual capable on roof and ran coax to bedroom tv- used factory bedroom cable to feed tv in lv- bought the new smaller single tv sat as use incase no signal and when wanted both just connected it to the lv tv separately- and from experience - I ordered the travler roof mounted unit before I even finished the order for my bighorn-

- - - Updated - - -

also if your interested I may have 1 or 2 very gently used iogear wireless units that were traded in from customer- I do it work and use the regularly to connect laptops and pcs to tvs in conference rooms all the time- pm if you want me to check if I have some left or can possibly save you money on new unit as well

RoadJunkie

An HDMI splitter with something like THIS device will get you audio and video from the satellite receiver to a secondary TV, but would not, of course, allow different channel viewing at each TV.

BoisDogs

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know that wireless HDMI existed and will look in to them for the short term answer to TV in the bedroom.

Ultimately I need to get a separate receiver in there so the wife can retire early and watch her shows while I play mine in the LR.

esscobra

Wireless HDMI Digital Kit
MPN:GW3DHDKIT
UPC: 881317509277

this is what i used- it has 2 inputs - 1st is pass thru- so will send sat signal to both tvs and 2nd input for blu-ray or different hdmi- I will look and see if I still have extra kit at office you can try and save some $ if your interested

danemayer

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know that wireless HDMI existed and will look in to them for the short term answer to TV in the bedroom.

Ultimately I need to get a separate receiver in there so the wife can retire early and watch her shows while I play mine in the LR.

Check capabilities thoroughly. Many of the dishes can only view 1 satellite at a time. Even with 2 receivers, you may be limited to simultaneously viewing programs on the same satellite.

BoisDogs

Check capabilities thoroughly. Many of the dishes can only view 1 satellite at a time. Even with 2 receivers, you may be limited to simultaneously viewing programs on the same satellite.

I guess calling DISH and asking questions is the next step. Thanks.