Give Heartland your feedback on the 2012 Landmark - what do you want?

olgoat

I have a 2011 Grand Canyon. The entertainment center on the new ones is a big improvement, but the lighting is not. I like florescents. The new lighting is too bright and gives off too much heat. The fresh water tank fill need to go back to the old style.
The number one thing I wish would change is quality. The first year I had my Grand Canyon it spent six months in the shop being repaired or waiting for parts, most of the repairs were simply quality issues that never should have left the factory.

K

karykatz

Just wanted to let everyone know. Starting with Mid August 2012 production, all Landmarks and Bighorns will be built with Recessed LED lights. No more heat or drag on converter.

We are very excited!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing that would help is to get rid of sharp conner in kitchn cabinet in san antinio

I went through that on or last rig.
A good file and some touch up stain eliminated those annoying dents in my head.

Peace
Dave
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wolfrat1

Hello. There should be some way that Heartland can add in their design a patio area like the Cyclone. On the Key Largo's in the rear living area, a door that could lead outside to the patio. We like the Cyclone but the interior space is way too cramped. On a luxury rig like the Landmark this would send sales over the top. Help us out Heartland we know you can do it. If nothing more then a drop gate with some type of overhead protection would be really cool. This would add to the jealousy factor. I wouldn't want to make it a toy hauler, but the patio area would set this rig off.

jbeletti

wolfrat,

Could you elaborate a but more on your idea?

Are you saying instead of having a rear cap with a back window, to have a ramp door/patio feature out back?

wolfrat1

sorry i added my reply generally instead of replying to you directly. In the rear living area, instead of having the sofa there, put the two recliners for easier access to a door or sliding door. Have some type of ramp design that would be made into a patio, The rear doesn't have to be totally open like on the Cyclone, but a door that could lead out to a patio. I'm still trying to figure a way that the ramp can be secured in the upright position when travelling but I think you kinda get the idea of what I'm trying to say. This would make this a true luxury vehicle. The Cyclone kitchen/living area is way too cramped. I wouldn't want to see the Landmark end up like that. Strictly a ramp off the rear that would be for relaxation/entertainment. We see many people buying screened enclosures to sit outside. This would solve that problem. I hope this came across okay.

jimtoo

I like wolfrat1's idea also. Put about a 10' patio on the rear... suspend with cables like on the Cyclone, only have the patio only go down to the same level as the rest of of the floor. It could be cranked up by electric motor or with the spring assist like the Cyclone. Install a couple of adjustable stabilizer leg on each corner that would stay attached, but adjustable for outer end support. Install an awning on the rear top and the fold up rails on the edges of the patio. Have a sliding door in the rear between windows with recliners in the rear and on the side of the living room a double wall huger recliner.

Sounds good to me... maybe wolf and I can get a patient on this!!! Will sell for demo model...:) :) Maybe??? Man... a Bighorn 3650 or Landmark San Antonio or Mesa,,,, wouldn't take much to change.. :)

Jim M

wolfrat1

Thanks, glad it wasn't just me. I would love a demo model as well. Wife and I are thinking about getting a new Landmark. I'll be patient as well.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since the Landmark is now being sold as a full timers coach, I would like to see a front storage area with a little more support in the floor. It would only take a few more aluminum supports to do it. I have nearly a 2 inch dip in the middle of this compartment.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks, glad it wasn't just me. I would love a demo model as well. Wife and I are thinking about getting a new Landmark. I'll be patient as well.
To give a little more thought on this idea of wolfrat's, I've seen a towable in the past that had a pull out floor that would come out from under the coach. It could be maybe an 8ft wide by 8 ft extension type platform that would have folding support legs.
The biggest problem I see is added weight and weight distribution concerns. For this type of option, axles might have to be relocated to have the proper balance. Now we're talking more spring capacity and 17.5" tires. Not to mention more $$$. Interesting thought though.

wolfrat1

Yeah, that's why the engineering guru's get paid the big bucks(lol). I'm sure something can be figured out. It would no doubt be a good seller. I would want a one stop shop as much as I can. If I can get a rig from the factory the way I want, this is a very good thing. Retirement is in the very near future and I want a good rig from jump street.

merlinb

Retired
This may give you some ideas. Note the "optional patio" on several of the floor plans. I saw one of these at an RV show last year and it looked very interesting:

Optional patio.

Here is a video:

Patio video:

The model in the video has a small garage at the rear for a golf cart or a motor cycle. This is the one I saw at the RV show.

wolfrat1

This is getting close. I'm wanting to eliminate the toy hauler/garage portion in order to have a nice sized patio on the rear of the rv. With this rv, the living area is cramped like on the Cyclone. I do like the concept of this rv though. Thank you...

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure how well a Landmark with a patio would sell.
My observations are that most RV parks and campgrounds do not have a site long enough for a rear patio.
Sites are usually pretty narrow or have trees between the sites.
And I don't think I would want a patio at a level where I would be looking right into my neighbors window.
These are just my thoughts.

wolfrat1

We mainly deal with military campgrounds and there is more than enough room for a rear patio. Have been to a couple of KOA campgrounds where there was plenty of room. I would prefer walk out to a patio off my rv than having to walk outside to a screened tent. For the amount of money all of us have spent on our rig's (80,000 plus), having to sit outside in a roughly 100 dollar tent to enjoy fresh air doesn't seem right. We (all of us) bought our rv's to fully enjoy them. I sure this idea would work. With the number of people that have made different post throughout the Landmark Community, several seem to like the idea. I just hope Heartland is paying attention.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We also deal with a lot of Travel Camps and so far I have not seen many that could support a 41 ft coach and a additional 8 foot patio on the rear. I have seen a few but usually I would just rather set out on the concrete pad.

wolfrat1

I hope everyone had a good and safe thanksgiving. I understand what you're saying about the concrete pad. Just retired after 31 yrs of service (active, reserve, nat'l guard). I am ground, concrete and sanded out. Now I would like to chill out in comfort. I have 28 yrs at my other job and about to call it quits. Relaxing in comfortable way is my idea of rving. I'll keep checking for my rv.

Last edited:

caissiel

I like wolfrat1's idea also. Put about a 10' patio on the rear... suspend with cables like on the Cyclone, only have the patio only go down to the same level as the rest of of the floor. It could be cranked up by electric motor or with the spring assist like the Cyclone. Install a couple of adjustable stabilizer leg on each corner that would stay attached, but adjustable for outer end support. Install an awning on the rear top and the fold up rails on the edges of the patio. Have a sliding door in the rear between windows with recliners in the rear and on the side of the living room a double wall huger recliner.

Sounds good to me... maybe wolf and I can get a patient on this!!! Will sell for demo model...:) :) Maybe??? Man... a Bighorn 3650 or Landmark San Antonio or Mesa,,,, wouldn't take much to change.. :)

Jim M

Glendale Titanims had a slide out patio option on the side and rear. But they were lighter units. It does add weight to an already heavy unit.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2