Give Heartland your feedback on the 2012 Landmark - what do you want?

Dave49

Another option for the deck could be a slide out aluminum deck from under the drop down frame. If it was all aluminum and on rollers or something making it easy to pull out you could make it nearly as long as the drop down portion of the frame and as wide as the unit itself. This way it would be under your awning. As I said a possibility, but believe it would not be cost effective at all. Maybe something other than aluminum could be used but it would have to be light. Light strong materials cost a good chunk of change!!

Dave

wolfrat1

I guess I'm not explaining myself correctly. When you see something in your mind's eye and then try to put it on paper, it doesn't come out right. I'm thinking the fold down ramp like on the Cyclone could be added to the Landmark. Nothing to haul toys, strictly the ramp. Then put a door or sliding door in the rear for access. Use the cables for lowering and raising. Then put some type of legs on the ramp for leveling and stabilization. I don't know how much weight it would add, but I'm thinking it couldn't be that much. The ramp and cabling system on the Cyclone didn't appear to be that heavy. Then have a awning over the rear, some type of screen drop downs or fold outs or ups for the sides to enjoy the outdoors.

jimtoo

I am with you Wolfrat1. :) You start modifying the frame, adding rollers or slide mechanics you will really increase the cost and engineering. With the fold up ramp on the rear, they already have all the engineering and parts on line. I'm sure there would be some places you could not use it for lack of room, but there are a lot of parks now that are building for the larger units. As far as weight added.. guessing here,, but I'm betting it would not add but aprox 300# or so, change to a little heavier axle and better tires, not enough to require changing axle location... just add a couple more cases of beer to the front storage compartment to offset the weight. :)

Jim M

wolfrat1

that's exactly what I was trying to explain, thanks. lol, two cases of beer. my wife and I like that. We can use that to celebrate the new rv.

wino2

We have a 2012 Rushmore that was an order, we saw it at the 2011 RV Show in Pomona. One of the main reasons for buying this rig was the shower how large it was and it was perfect for my husband as he is an amputee. Well the factory rep new of all the running productions changes but failed to inform us that the shower had been down sized. There were other reasons we bought it but that was one of them. So since they made the shower smaller they added two cabinets which is nice. However, the bottom one is totally useless, you can't get the door open enough to put anything in it let alone get it out. What Heartland should do is make the bottom cabinet an outside storage unit, solid wall next to the toilet and accessible from the outside, keep the top cabinet. As we all know you can never have enough storage.

wolfrat1

Does anyone know who I can address this to here in the forum? I'm sure Heartland reps read this, but would I to bring this to their attention.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since the Landmark Brand Manager has posted several times on this thread, I would think he is aware of it. Not sure how much of an interest there would be in it. But you never know.

jbeletti

The brand managers do see posts made in the Design Ideas forums, though the may not comment on each post. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wolfrat1

Help me folks. Let at least try and get Heartland's ear on a patio for the Landmarks. Some like it, some don't. But for the ones that do like it, you have to admit it would be an excellent option.:cool:

Last edited:

wolfrat1

As I said, some like it, some don't. I've looked through the forum, many people like the idea. Those that don't like it won't buy it.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There are some TTs out there with a fold-down patio, but they have been on the side of the coach. Though neat-looking down, they cause their own set of issues if they have to stay closed up. I think the idea of a rear fold-down patio is interesting. Would the rear cap have a sliding glass door? There would have to be some way to block light as well, so there wasn't a "show" at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I realize this thread is about an older model year, and a Landmark, but "if" Landmarks don't do the following, they should on the Big Horns as well:

1) Wet Bolts or Forever bushings on spring shackles.
2) Wire to elec brakes should be in a protective cover (mine was rubbing against the leaf spring and could have caused a problem before I covered it)
3) "Don't" use any of that cabinet or trim moulding with the paper coating - use real wood. (Our Big Horn cabinets are great all wood doors and frames, but some paper coated trim)
4) A heavier duty bike rack.
5) Extra sewer hose storage (more than 15 ft. need 30 ft. or so), and storage exclusively for sewage items-couplings, gloves, etc. Maybe a "wet" item storage box that could hold other wet items - wash down hose, water hose, wet towells.
6) Stronger roof access ladder - ladders are not as sturdy as they should be. I added support stancions to mine and it's a lot better.
7) Cyclone roof vents
8) "lifetime" refrigerator drain hose - properly routed under the carriage.

wolfrat1

Thank you Ms. Dorsey. Possibly having blinds at the sliding door or standard door. If a standard door, the blinds could be built into window with the controls on the door. I haven't quite got the slider figured out just yet. But I think it's still good idea.

wolfrat1

This can be incorporated into the 2014 ideas. Just having a good discussion for the people that do like the idea. Apparently, there are a number of us.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have seen one motorhome with a patio on the side.
It seemed like more of a novelty than a good use of space.

For me, my "patio" is 9x12 and folds up when not in use.
I cost about $40 and fits in the storage area. :) Trace